KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yes, Burn Rubber Co., Ltd. lost their imports of KTM on Jan. first.
As far as I understand though, all of their branch offices and workshops will continue to service the KTM's.
They are selling the bikes discounted at the moment.
Probably soon there will also be parts on sale as was the case with the previous KTM import Thailand.
No new import announced yet, unfortunately.
Malaysia has had the 790 in its program already.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes, Burn Rubber Co., Ltd. lost their imports of KTM on Jan. first.
As far as I understand though, all of their branch offices and workshops will continue to service the KTM's.
They are selling the bikes discounted at the moment.
Probably soon there will also be parts on sale as was the case with the previous KTM import Thailand.
No new import announced yet, unfortunately.
Malaysia has had the 790 in its program already.

Burn Rubber no longer inport new ktm's - but they are still selling new bikes they have in stock - which comes with a 2y guarantee, which they will honour ...... so i'm assuming the servicing centre will remain open for 2y after the last stock bike is sold....

So there is a few years of main dealer servicing to be had - and i assume after that, the mechanics will start their own business's to cater for the maintenence demands......

The good news is that Burn Rubber are selling off their parts and fettle stock with discounts ranging from 50-70%

Link to their Facebook - - - - https://www.facebook.com/BurnrubberAsquare/

I've bought a few bits and bobs, including KTM handgurard at half price....

So its not all doom and gloom !

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was there yesterday and I asked them if they have a closing date set. No was the answer.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today, 26-Oct-2019, I saw that the showroom and service center from KTM Bangkok was dismantled.
From the builders it's not sure if they renovate or close it.
But keeping in mind that KTM apparently closes that dealership I would be surprised if they just renovate it.

I just sent an email to the KTM distributor in Thailand asking where I can service my bike, which is still under warranty.
Let's look how they reply. I will report it here.

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
YES, Vroom,
A Malaysian enterprise is looking for staff at the moment.
Any Idea yet Ede where the BKK shop(s) will be?
Malaysia has always been kilometres ahead of anything Thailand tried to achieve KTM-wise.
The same import will handle Husqvarna and Baja bikes as well.
Hoping they will stock a lot more spare-parts and Power-parts then Burn Rubber tended to do.
390ADV??????

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YES, Vroom,
Malaysia has always been kilometres ahead of anything Thailand tried to achieve KTM-wise.
Hoping they will stock a lot more spare-parts and Power-parts then Burn Rubber tended to do.
390ADV??????
KTM still has a service center in Bangkok, but not in the center.
Google Maps: KTM service spot rama5
13.825270, 100.439813
I got that information from KTM Austria - after waiting for weeks...

·
Registered
272 Posts
YES, Vroom,
390ADV??????

Yes, the new importers are "Vroom" ......

Address:

Ladprao 122, Bangkok .....

Opening in April apparently ....

Attachments

·
Registered
900 Posts
A bit more difficult for me as when I come to BKK it is always for work and stay only a day or 3-4.
A-square was convenient for me, hop on a motoci taxi and there in 5 minutes.
Mostly I am staying around Asoke.
Will figure out the best way to get to Ladprao from Sukhumvit.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A bit more difficult for me as when I come to BKK it is always for work and stay only a day or 3-4.
A-square was convenient for me, hop on a motoci taxi and there in 5 minutes.
Mostly I am staying around Asoke.
Will figure out the best way to get to Ladprao from Sukhumvit.
Just tell KTM you will give them your bike only if they give you a bigger bike for the time that they work on your bike ;)
Transport problem solved.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've had a mechanic at A-square work on my bike 2x, both were service works, and he added some thinge for me I bought elsewhere.
The service jobs were all okay but for example, he installed my Ohlin rear shock the wrong way around, cut open the rubber protection sleeve while installing my Philippe LED bulb (while this was totally unnecessary) and torqued the bottom oil screen so tight, I needed a power tool to get it free.
Ever since it's me, myself and I working on the Dukes only.

Just tell KTM you will give them your bike only if they give you a bigger bike for the time that they work on your bike ;)
Transport problem solved.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts