KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
79 Posts
thought i'd post up some pics of the new IXIL exhaust on my bike

THATS ONE KILLER MOD MY FRIEND.. YOUR DUKE LOOKS MONSTEROUS :cool:.... BUT CAN YOU TELL ME THAT THOSE END CANS HAVE CAT CONVERTER IN THEM??? AS IN WONT YOU GET NO BACK PRESSURE IN THE ENGINE???

·
Banned
79 Posts
thats one killer mod my friend.. Your duke looks monsterous :cool:.... But can you tell me that those end cans have cat converter in them??? As in wont you get no back pressure in the engine???
thats one killer mod my friend.. Your duke looks monsterous .... But can you tell me that those end cans have cat converter in them??? As in wont you get no back pressure in the engine??? __________

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hey mate, there is no cat, it's a straight through system though i'm running baffles in the end to help reduce the noise which would increase back pressure. In a 4 stroke engine you theoretically want as little back pressure as possible but you can use back pressure to tune the power through the rev range, 2 strokes require a level of back pressure to retain the fuel/mixture in the combustion chamber.

·
Banned
79 Posts
Hey mate, there is no cat, it's a straight through system though i'm running baffles in the end to help reduce the noise which would increase back pressure. In a 4 stroke engine you theoretically want as little back pressure as possible but you can use back pressure to tune the power through the rev range, 2 strokes require a level of back pressure to retain the fuel/mixture in the combustion chamber.
BROTHER YOU DO REQUIRE AN SUFFICIENT AMOUNT OF BACKPRESSURE IN YOUR ENGINE OR ELSE THE VALVES CONCK OFF EARLIER AND YOUR BLOCK HEAD IS FRIED. BECAUSE A TOTAL FREE FLOW RESULTS IN MESSING UP THE COMPRESSION RATIO OF THE ENGINE :eek::eek::p

·
Banned
79 Posts
Also can you click more detail pictures of the install especially near end end .. As in the connection between the end pipe and engine

·
Registered
23 Posts
They look I have been considering these cans...any chance of a video for sound??

Does anybody have any further advice regarding back pressure issues

·
Registered
179 Posts
That looks really really awesome. They fit in there so nicely. It kinda looks like the Duke was always supposed to be that way.

Would be great if you could post a video that gives us a listen to the exhaust note.

·
Registered
533 Posts
great looking mod mitch, really changes the look of the Duke considerably! do have to say my favorite is the shot without the chin scoop ;)

In for a sound check as well. Are you going to reflash the ECU for optimum power?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cheers guys,

@sandy_mary I have a powertronic unit on the way so a retune will be in order with that. I'm undecided about keeping or loosing the belly pan, it like it both ways, i guess what makes me keep it is the bit of protection it gives the engine.

I'll try and get a decent recording up soon, I only have my phone to record on and the audio quality is terrible, sounds nothing like what it sounds like in reality so when I can get my hands on a proper camera i'll get one up

·
Registered
4 Posts
This setup definitely solves any ground clearance issues that the x55/l3x bring up.
what difference does it make to the powerband compared to the stock pipe?Still able to top out at the same speed?
Looks great!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This setup definitely solves any ground clearance issues that the x55/l3x bring up.
what difference does it make to the powerband compared to the stock pipe?Still able to top out at the same speed?
Looks great!
power feels much the same at the moment but I haven't retuned it yet, waiting for my powertronic unit. top speed wise haven't had a chance to test that, will be doing some more drags on it this weekend hopefully so will see how it has affected my times.

·
Banned
79 Posts
So you can produce rip offs of these pipes too? nah I'm good thanks buddy
no no so as to let people know that what a dumb ass brains you have . ixil is useless pile of garbage **** . in my country they stop selling crap like this. probably thats the reason numb nut brains like you buy them. man its so fucking easy to sell garbage to morons like you lol lol.

·
Banned
79 Posts
All these pipes are good at is fcking make loud noise and fuk up the valves of the head !!! .. thats the reason the main importer stop getting this stuff in our country and ceased to be its distributor and dealer. he told me specifically that IXIL EXHAUST ARE THE WORST EXHAUST IN TERMS OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE . AND ALL HIS CLIENTS HAVE SUFFERED PISTON DAMAGE AND BLOCK SEIZURES BECAUSE OF THIS GARBAGE !!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: SO GUYS BEWARE OF THIS HORSE **** !!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
All these pipes are good at is fcking make loud noise and fuk up the valves of the head !!! .. thats the reason the main importer stop getting this stuff in our country and ceased to be its distributor and dealer. he told me specifically that IXIL EXHAUST ARE THE WORST EXHAUST IN TERMS OF QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE . AND ALL HIS CLIENTS HAVE SUFFERED PISTON DAMAGE AND BLOCK SEIZURES BECAUSE OF THIS GARBAGE !!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: SO GUYS BEWARE OF THIS HORSE **** !!!
Well that's no surprise if they were as fake as the **** you're trying to sell.

Pro-tip: delete anything related to your current username and try again under a different one. Let's see how long it takes before we catch on! It's like a game! But i'd also suggest a complete change of your online personality to make it more challenging for us.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I love the look of them. But it sucks that you have to lose the pillion pegs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts