KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first saw the IXIL L3X for the duke 200 way before i got my 390 and thought straight away they looked awesome. different from the usual can style and small enough to still show off the rear rim. so when they released one for the 390 i weighed up my options and it came out the obvious winner and at only AU$405 im not complaining.

took me about an hour and a half to put on mostly besause getting the stock exhaust off was a bit tricky and i was guessing my way through with no instructions. me being me i took both of the db killers out for the first start up and let me tell you... its LOUD! even with both of the db killers in it is loud enough for me. enough to let other motorists know where you are but not too loud that your whole street can hear you coming home.

overall i love this exhaust and its a much cheaper option then the akra. maybe in the future i will change the midpipe with an arrow or similar which has a small muffler in it (not sure if this mod is possible, it looks like it is but its just a thought i had)

and yes ill hopefully get around to putting a video on youtube

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
The flare out that Arrows Mid Pipe has may stop the join but I think GRP do a straight end section. Unsure about Akra's Ive never looked at them Eikon might be able to help.
Oilasiadude has one of these on his and sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The flare out that Arrows Mid Pipe has may stop the join but I think GRP do a straight end section. Unsure about Akra's Ive never looked at them Eikon might be able to help.
Asiaoildude has one of these on his and sounds pretty good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im in WA, the summer has been hot almost too hot to ride some days! (to those overseas im talking about 45 degrees celcius)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Its got an awesome sound to it, and I think that it looks pretty cool too. It does look like it might be a bit heavy though. Have you noticed much change in the performance? I'm just thinking that a smaller exhaust or one made from CF would cut down on weight.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From memory its a few kg lighter than the stock system. They do make this model in cf for other bikes so it maybe they have one for the Duke. Performance has gone up a tiny bit nothing significant, sound is amazing though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts