KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,
New to the 390, just picked it up last month! And Loving it! (y)
So I started the LED light mod and picked up the correct relay:

Pulled the old Relay out and installed the new Relay:

Clean up the install and tried the LED lights.. still hyper flashing! Rechecked the connection, no bent prongs... is it possible that the relay is defective?
It must be working since the turn signals do work, just hyperflashing like with the original relay. Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh forgot to add some pics of the LED lights.. bought them from ebay and they were direct plug and play.

Fun factor is through the roof!! :cool:

·
Registered
463 Posts
There was a how to thread here last year I believe. The Author laid it all out on how to change it over successfully. I cannot find the thread

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took some more pictures of the connection, connectors seem to be straight and plugs in nice and easy. :unsure:

·
Registered
640 Posts
KTM relay is designed to work with the OEM LED flashers that have a resistor built into the cable. I might guess that the OEM replicas used in the other thread might have a similar adaptation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KTM relay is designed to work with the OEM LED flashers that have a resistor built into the cable. I might guess that the OEM replicas used in the other thread might have a similar adaptation.
That is a good question, not sure if the ebay OEM clones are identical to the original LED turn lights. I've always thought that once you replaced the Flasher relay to a LED version, you could use any LED lights in the market and it would work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts