KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody there. Could someone please explain what means JY_5.0.5 error code ? It just suddenly appeared on the screen and I can’t start my bike. What’s more is that the screen is lagging and showing several errors such as CAN ABS FAILURE, CAN FAILURE and LOW BATTERY. When I try to start the engine the screen turns off and nothing happens, even no fuel pump noise.
I would be pleased if someone could help me in this situation. Thank you.

· Registered
510 Posts
Did you check your battery?
Because if the battery is low then all the electronics won't work correct.
At least I think the battery is the first thing you should check. And if the battery is fine then fuses and wires from the battery.

· Registered
943 Posts
I have done the battery recharge checked the voltage.. But still not starting up.. Man at least i need to run my bike to make it till nearest ktm service centre. :')
It's not about voltage, it's about starting amps. You can have a battery that reads 12V that fails after the first try starting it. How old is the battery?

· Registered
920 Posts
A failed or failing battery or a failed or failing charging system which isn't able to provide enough juice to keep the battery satiated. In either of these cases, all sorts of errors will be thrown on the dash starting from CAN bus failures to JG errors and then eventually the bike shall go dead out of nowhere and by the time the bike gives up, your battery is ded.

Before you replace your battery, check if the battery lugs are properly torqued in. If yes, proceed to check the charging voltage of the battery using a voltmeter, and if that's a check, replace you ded battery for good.

Good luck.

Cheers!
VJ

· Registered
4 Posts
A failed or failing battery or a failed or failing charging system which isn't able to provide enough juice to keep the battery satiated. In either of these cases, all sorts of errors will be thrown on the dash starting from CAN bus failures to JG errors and then eventually the bike shall go dead out of nowhere and by the time the bike gives up, your battery is ded.

Before you replace your battery, check if the battery lugs are properly torqued in. If yes, proceed to check the charging voltage of the battery using a voltmeter, and if that's a check, replace you ded battery for good.

Good luck.

Cheers!
VJ
Got news back from the service center, they are saying that the engine somehow leaked and dried out so barrel and piston took some serious damage. needed some serious repairs. don't know how long it will take to get it fixed. no battery issue so far they have reported :'). 6 years this baby had taken me places. don't wanna sell this bike <3 what should i do any suggestions from the professionals ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts