KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I just bought my KTM 390 adv, and I would like to install headers and / or full system exhaust (Eliminating the cat ), thanks for your support.

·
Super Moderator
1,395 Posts
Congratulations and welcome,
You may try TYGA-Performance
They do a pretty nice set-up (full system) for the RC, perhaps it is not much effort to adjust to the ADV.
Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A word of caution - Do not consider removing the cat unless you understand the implications, you will destroy the engine. You will not improve performance anyway - check out the RC390 forum and all the dyno testing that has been done. If you want to remove the cat you need to install a Power Commander or equal to re-program the ECU fuelling (the experts will tell you this needs to be done with dyno testing for correct results, or you will destroy your valves). The stock bike has been tuned to the optimum (for max power while meeting euro emission standards} and cannot be improved without exceeding those emissions significantly. Not an issue of course if your country has no such restrictions. I am in NZ, where they don't apply, but the cost of trying to achieve minimal power gain is beyond ridiculous.

·
Registered
406 Posts
A word of caution - Do not consider removing the cat unless you understand the implications, you will destroy the engine. You will not improve performance anyway - check out the RC390 forum and all the dyno testing that has been done. If you want to remove the cat you need to install a Power Commander or equal to re-program the ECU fuelling (the experts will tell you this needs to be done with dyno testing for correct results, or you will destroy your valves). The stock bike has been tuned to the optimum (for max power while meeting euro emission standards} and cannot be improved without exceeding those emissions significantly. Not an issue of course if your country has no such restrictions. I am in NZ, where they don't apply, but the cost of trying to achieve minimal power gain is beyond ridiculous.
I never understood why people are so keen on polluting their planet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Verex, Tasmania makes a de-cat, mid-muffler delete and a whole system for the 390 Adv. Available on the'Bay.
I was thinking of it, until I heard a video of one installed on YouTube. I would strongly resist...!
Therefore I only changed the end-can to a PowerParts Akrapovic. 85% sounds the same. Just a little deeper and less "tinny". Looks great though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts