KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The KTM 390 Duke provides plenty of space and freedom of movement. The gathered sitting position supports relaxed touring, alone or two-up, equally as well as committed cornering. Unsurpassed operability and large contact surfaces ensure optimum control and maximum feedback, with the upright, relaxed sitting position providing a perfect overview at all times.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The rear seat looks pretty comfortable to me. Do you guys not like it? At the very least I didn't think it was so bad that you need to switch to something else.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I like the ergo's of the bike, it will be good to have a rear set option but for me its more cosmetic as the ones on it now are f$&@ing ugly. Once the RC is released they will become available.
The only thing I would change before going for a long distance ride is the screen, you wouldnt think it but that tiny one works ok at 100k. I can do 260k round trip and get off feeling fine but 10hrs would hurt. Im thinking of getting the PP seat, it looks comfy the seat on it now is fine for me although others may not agree. Probably be better once its worn in.
One of the next changes on the bike is a set of Pro Taper bars, still undecided about bar specs but will take a few out to the bike and decide and its definately getting new grips because the originals feel like PVC pipe.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The rear seat looks pretty comfortable to me. Do you guys not like it? At the very least I didn't think it was so bad that you need to switch to something else.

The seat is fine so far but the peg position is something only a younger person can bear for hours on end.... I'd prefer a slightly less bent back position.

·
Registered
573 Posts
i had a rather longer arms ... the other day i was trying without the rear sit .. and when i seat 1/2 behind ... thats the golden spot ... i wonder if i can tailor a 1pcs seat ... that took the 2 seat space ... i'm a single rider ....

anyway ... i have added a rear seat cover now for aesthetic look ... so far i hate the color .. so ill be doing some painting later ...

·
Registered
264 Posts
i had a rather longer arms ... the other day i was trying without the rear sit .. and when i seat 1/2 behind ... thats the golden spot ... i wonder if i can tailor a 1pcs seat ... that took the 2 seat space ... i'm a single rider ....

anyway ... i have added a rear seat cover now for aesthetic look ... so far i hate the color .. so ill be doing some painting later ...
My exact thoughts as well - a single seat would be much easier to find a position on.

·
Registered
573 Posts
yah... if only we can sit in the middle of both front & rear... that's my Sweet Spot ... been doing 1200KM on it already and i have been tweecking the handlebar to tilt forward ...

doing above 130km/h is tiring when seating position is straight up .. need some forward lean ...

My exact thoughts as well - a single seat would be much easier to find a position on.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yah... if only we can sit in the middle of both front & rear... that's my Sweet Spot ... been doing 1200KM on it already and i have been tweecking the handlebar to tilt forward ...

doing above 130km/h is tiring when seating position is straight up .. need some forward lean ...
this is so true, more of a forward lean is a must for longer distance riding and higher speeds.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have the Ergo-seat fitted, it makes a difference. I don't have a numb bum or restless I have experienced in the past. The guys at the dealership made sure they took it for a spin to check it out, giving it the thumbs up too.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have the Ergo-seat fitted, it makes a difference. I don't have a numb bum or restless I have experienced in the past. The guys at the dealership made sure they took it for a spin to check it out, giving it the thumbs up too.
ergo seat is something i'll have to look into. i plan on doing longer rides and if there's anything that will help it's this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rors, I'm considering the ergo seat for the extra feel but also for the narrower front section, do you find any difference in overall seat height? I'm currently on the balls of my feet comfortably and the KTM description says +20mm, but with the narrower seat front thinking it would mean my stance is slightly narrower to offset the +20mm?

·
Registered
28 Posts
@regor_w have fitted the ergo powerpart seat and rear seat cowl and find it basically the same height as the original, apart from the front left and right sections which on the original seat cut into my legs and the ergo seat doesn't.

I was also on the balls of my feet with the original seat and still am with the ergo seat. Hope this helps your decision - definitely worth it from my perspective.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@regor_w have fitted the ergo powerpart seat and rear seat cowl and find it basically the same height as the original, apart from the front left and right sections which on the original seat cut into my legs and the ergo seat doesn't.

I was also on the balls of my feet with the original seat and still am with the ergo seat. Hope this helps your decision - definitely worth it from my perspective.
cheers @CEO that's exactly what I wanted to know!

·
Registered
238 Posts
The ergo seat is more 'plush', so although it is higher with no weight on it, it compresses down to around the same as the factory one.
At least with my 90kg anyways! ;)

I'm 5'11 and I sit right back hard against the pillion seat. I would like more forward reach and adjustable rearsets too.
I have tried rolling the bars forward and re-drilling the switch gear locator holes, but the angle put too much pressure on the brake hose, so i went back to normal.
It was much more comfortable with the added >< 2" reach, but not worth seeking out new brake lines/elbows to suit.

Keep in mind that you will have the same issue when upgrading to a protaper bar, unless of course the bar is the same shape as factory, but the of course, why bother.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts