KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rickyduke. That was the Greek importer's KTM 390 Duke, and yes we got to test it in our motorcycle magazine in stock form.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am just getting better in pulling wheelies, so honestly, this was the first time I did this, and only once while testing the 390. Recently I started scraping plates more often, till I met one of the new wheelie kings, the Yamaha MT-07, and then I went wild, haha. Also keep in mind that the 390 has a long numberplate extenstion. I think it would be almost impossible to do with a tail-tidy on. :) Here, attaching a pic some months later of me testing the Yamaha MT-07.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Here are some wheelies I pulled while testing the KTM 390 Duke for the magazine I work for. And yes, the ease and accuracy with which these were accomplished by the Duke was one big factor in choosing it as my next bike. :)
Beautiful wheelies there, MBoy. And nice tinge of HDing on there. Just reminds me the same wheelie I tried to do couple of days back, only to let the bike get to 90 degrees, fall back in the road, and the see the bike zoom in front of me. And me watching all the action laying in the tarmac.

Landing all those 207 lbs of blubber on the tarmac while my left knee down was totally 90 degrees to the left. PRICELESS! There are certainly some things money can't buy though. :p

Cheers!
VJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts