KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
When i saw this news i called the Langford Road, Bangalore showroom manager where i have booked my Duke 390, he says initially around 16 bikes were released for testing on road, Only those bike are being recalled and also he confirmed the Duke 390s which are being rolled out are coming with the new parts. Don't know how far this is true...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Guys,
My name is Shoji and am new to the forum. I had booked the 390 on the 1st day allowed here in cochin, kerala. On reading the news, i called the showroom but they just told me that "i heard it to but my boss did not inform anything about it"
Is there any contact bajaj head office or ktm that we could ask for an honest news?

i am all prepared even with k&n filter sitting ready to go in :)

regards

Shoji

·
Administrator
184 Posts
Hello Guys,
My name is Shoji and am new to the forum. I had booked the 390 on the 1st day allowed here in cochin, kerala. On reading the news, i called the showroom but they just told me that "i heard it to but my boss did not inform anything about it"
Is there any contact bajaj head office or ktm that we could ask for an honest news?

i am all prepared even with k&n filter sitting ready to go in :)

regards

Shoji
Hi Shojibaby, give it a little time, dealers will start calling out to people who need to come in for the recall.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Yea don't stress it, things like this does happen with new bikes, just need to be patient. It just gives us more time to collect aftermarket parts for our dukes :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
When i saw this news i called the Langford Road, Bangalore showroom manager where i have booked my Duke 390, he says initially around 16 bikes were released for testing on road, Only those bike are being recalled and also he confirmed the Duke 390s which are being rolled out are coming with the new parts. Don't know how far this is true...
I'm pretty sure if there was a recall the factory would fit the new Dukes with the new parts to save having them head back to dealers to be fixed. If its already left the factory before the recall there is a chance it might need the new parts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

@[email protected] did you put down a deposit as well?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm pretty sure if there was a recall the factory would fit the new Dukes with the new parts to save having them head back to dealers to be fixed. If its already left the factory before the recall there is a chance it might need the new parts.
ideally that's what should happen but some might be greedy and just try to get rid of the bikes ASAP and just expect the owner to follow up with recalls and issues. Best to find a good dealer.

·
Registered
200 Posts
@[email protected]

Trust me, I am pretty sure you weren't the only one freaking out. I am surprised they had an answer for you so quick some dealers didn't even know about this problem.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The OP just says that it is rumored. What does that mean? usually if a recall happens it is pretty official and not a vague maybe thing. I'm not going to make any judgments until KTM actually announces a recall.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The OP just says that it is rumored. What does that mean? usually if a recall happens it is pretty official and not a vague maybe thing. I'm not going to make any judgments until KTM actually announces a recall.
Even if it is true the whole thing is still behind closed doors we might never know what really happened or if it even ever occured. Lets hope nothing went wrong ;)

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Could be a tech that leaked out info about a recall coming up, sometimes this does happens. But since they need to keep sales going they might want to hold off on issuing a recall.

·
Registered
573 Posts
now i have a new problem ...

LOW OIL PRESSURE ... after my 1st service ... today whole day this msg keeps bugging me .. i did notice my oil is low ... so i top it up ... then i go riding ... slowly ... no prob
when i rev to the max .. the msg pops up ... when shitch off ... the msg deleted ...
then i rode on the high rev again ... the msg pops up ...

i went riding with my KTM dealer just now at about 11pm ~2am ... he told me that the sensor must has been faulty .. gonna send back tomorrow and get it check ... demm....

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts

LOW OIL PRESSURE ... after my 1st service ... today whole day this msg keeps bugging me .. i did notice my oil is low ... so i top it up ... then i go riding ... slowly ... no prob
when i rev to the max .. the msg pops up ... when shitch off ... the msg deleted ...

i went riding with my KTM dealer just now at about 11pm ~2am ... he told me that the sensor must has been faulty .. gonna send back tomorrow and get it check ... demm....
It does sound like the sensor, either that or there should be a baffle to keep the oil from spewing up casuing the faulty reading.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts

any update on the sensor?
i wonder how many more KTM's like yours have this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cant be a co-incidence

Exact same situation as described above - high rev - Low Oil Pressure message, Cut Engine off and on - message gone..

·
Registered
817 Posts
Exact same situation as described above - high rev - Low Oil Pressure message, Cut Engine off and on - message gone..
Welcome to the forum mate, remove all concern and just take it in while its under warranty. Unless its a loose batt connector or something theres no point pulling your own hair out when you payed someone else to make sure its their hair sorting it. Use your warranty ;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts