KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

KTM Duke 1290 0-200 in 7.2 seconds?

13K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  dukeitout 
#1 ·
200kmh is what? 120mph?

290 Super Duke R sports a liquid cooled 1195cc V Twin engine belting out 180 bhp power at 8,870 rpm and peak torque of 144 Nm. Acceleration from 0 to 200 kmph is accomplished in 7.2 seconds.

#3 ·
That is like a rocket! I can't see myself wanting to go that fast usually, but the fact that the acceleration is that fast is pretty amazing. The KTM Duke is not for inexperienced riders, that is for sure. If you don't know what you are doing with this thing then you can get into some serious trouble.

#7 ·
I haven't been this excited about a new model since the original Hayabusa came out, and that bike sure lived up to the hype. I remember the first time I went down the front straight at a track day on the Busa. It was mind bending and incredibly fun.

This 1290 is much lighter and makes much more horsepower. Gawd.....
The electronics are a very important part of this bike to keep it manageable.
Slapped my deposit down as soon as the specs came out. I am a big fan of wretched excess in motorcycles:) I have owned a few more practical bikes and did not like them at all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.