KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

KTM Duke 390 ALL Exhausts Comparison Video

13K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  TheDukeProvides 
#1 ·
I found this video which compare all exhausts for KTM Duke 390

Very helpful if you are thinking which exhausts to upgrade and find the best sound you like.

You can click on the video for all exhausts timestamps & links

Which exhaust you liked the most?

#2 ·
All the exhausts but not the Akrapovic. I have my doubts given how many videos they post and the setup of the channel that they recorded all of those themselves and it sounds like some if not all of them were copied from other videos. If that is the case then the comparisons are not as useful as they could be since it will depend how well the sound was originally captured. From experience of recording exhaust sound, it isn’t easy to capture how the bike sounds in real life.

Found the video or posted it to YouTube?

#3 · (Edited)
Agree with Marius (very doggy) but as we are all grown-ups (I hope) everyone should make up their own mind.
Remember as well that the term upgrades, in general, stands for an improvement which in the case of aftermarket exhaust (let alone copies of branded), pipes and silencers have more often than not been proofed to perform LESS than the OEM set-ups especially on the first-Gen Dukes.

#5 ·
I’ve no issue with people posting their own content. The channel is a blatant marketing exercise from the channel name and logo through to the content. No Akra because they can’t monitise their sales link so don’t want to remind you about the most popular aftermarket slip on.

As a YouTube creator you learn to look beyond the first glance. If they aren’t using their own sound clips then they are in breach of copyright and YT TOS.

#6 ·
The channel is a blatant marketing exercise from the channel name and logo through to the content.
Mirius, your remark (and the 'monetize their sales link') is like a bloody mirror to what I originally right-click-cut, for fear of reprisal. Thanks for the chuckle, man. 😄

Come to think of it... this is also the reason I got tired of the [cute management firms] and [marketing clowns] back in July, then asked my employer "oh hey! can you find someone to replace me?!?"
I felt really [upbeat] the way that I said it, not at all trite!

#8 ·
LeoVince LV Pro is really balanced!
I bought my bike debuffled in August and rode for 3 months essentially with a racing only straight through (non)muffler. I absolutely hated it. It was too noisy and removed a lot of torque! The bike became much weaker without the buffle and the engine had no back pressure and was effectively de-tuned. Do not debuffle your stock muffler!!! Straight through racing pipes suck!
I recently bought a lightly used stock muffler and the torque came back. It sound great too. I love the stock muffler.
On the highway the stock muffler is performs very good and sound is perfect.

#9 ·
I have been looking to change the exhaust on my 2020 as well.
Done some research, talked to my dealer, listened to Mirius advice ;), I think I'm going to keep my stock exhaust unless one day I decide to invest on a self-learning ECU, but I doubt it.

The thing is we all like to "do stuff" to our bikes, it's kinda part of the fun.
So I'm looking to change the graphics now... :giggle:

#10 ·
A wise decision.
I bought the bike with self learning ECU and that’s the only reason why I have it. I would have never dropped $600 on any part of the bike. Instead, I would spend it on better gear/tools. Small idiosyncratic problems with lean fueling I can live with. I would even save the cash for a newer bike that doesn’t have fueling problems.
Also, the guy who installed the ECU on my bike made a small error somewhere and now I have a small drain of voltage. My battery runs out of charge after 1 week of not starting the bike, so I have to charge it very frequently. The battery itself is fine. I tested it. You never know what will be the side effects of mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.