KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is referring to the Indian market.
So far you can only order white in India. Apparently from the end of Feb you can now order the black color that Europe gets.

Apparently the Duke 390 is the fastest motorcycle produced in India. Not sure how credible that claim is. Don't know the Indian market too well. maybe some owners here can confirm or comment?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I know that Harley is coming out with the Street 750 in India soon, so once it gets released it would have to be faster than the KTM 390 Duke.

The black version looks great, a bit Halloween, but that shouldn't be a problem in India where they don't celebrate that pseudo-holiday.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
There has to be more to this claim of it being the fastest bike in india. im having my doubts, maybe the fastest in some sort of specific class?

·
Registered
817 Posts
It would be in a class mate, they now have the RC8 in some shops and theres also larger bikes but I think they import the biggers ones themselves.....I think.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Does indian not produce anything bigger than the 390 duke in terms of displacement?

and aren't they looking in to making the RC 125 over there as well?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Does indian not produce anything bigger than the 390 duke in terms of displacement?

and aren't they looking in to making the RC 125 over there as well?
I wish I knew but it would make sense if thats the case, I've never seen anything other than scooters when seeing pictures from india

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think we have one member here who owns a RC390 from India

Maybe he can answer.

Maybe there are laws in India for max displacement?

·
Registered
19 Posts
My favourite colours would be all black with orange frame. I have ordered a black one with full Akra system and ergo seat. Really looking forward to a ride.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Well they clearly have their signature color scheme they want to stick to, i guess they feel too obligated to stick to it that doing anything else wouldn't be right.
They were non orange longer than they've been orange mate. KTM only turned to orange after they came out of bankruptcy in the early 90's

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The orange is classic KTM

Can't have on without orange...

Its either black or orange or white and orange usually.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The Orange denotes its a 390, Kiska wanted it to be different in some way to the 200. We will probably never see any colour options for the frame or rims.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I couldnt get a black one when I ordered mine so Ive improvised a bit with plastidip...

(please excuse my dog in the one picture, it was demonstrating a lack of class)
Sweet! I love the contrast. :)

Reactions: SeanN

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I couldnt get a black one when I ordered mine so Ive improvised a bit with plastidip...

(please excuse my dog in the one picture, it was demonstrating a lack of class)
LMAO that picture of your dog is epic, it just had to get in the picture taking a dump. What kind of dog is it?

·
Registered
38 Posts
LMAO that picture of your dog is epic, it just had to get in the picture taking a dump. What kind of dog is it?

Its a Scottish Terrier... I have two, a male and a female.
Max the little male had already attempted to take a piss on my wheels when I took this picture.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Its a Scottish Terrier... I have two, a male and a female.
Max the little male had already attempted to take a piss on my wheels when I took this picture.
He liked it, he wants to make it his:)

I picked up mine this morning, akra and ergo seat included. Such a comfy bike to ride.:cool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts