KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Breaking news that the KTM Duke 390 might be available in black soon!

The KTM Duke 390 is now available with a new paint shade: Black. The black paint job is currently available only on the international versions of this high performance bike, and the Indian versions are yet to get this update. That said, expect KTM to roll out black coloured Duke 390s in India as well as the bike is produced right here, at Bajaj’s Chakan manufacturing plant. Apart from the new paint job, nothing else changes on the Duke 390.

Story is here: KTM Duke 390 gets new paint shade - Indian Cars Bikes

Very cool :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
Cool to get more color choices. There was only orange before right? Black will appeal to people who don't want such an exuberant color. Orange is hard to pull off for a lot of people. No price difference with the new color, eh?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think the Duke 390 has different color and decal options for different countries.

I know the last one is a 125 but its just to show the available graphics pack..

TBH I really want a full orange option

·
Registered
817 Posts
The orange one has a 390 sticker on it but you can tell by the engine its a 200 or 125. The white with black rims was the original design but Kiska chose the orange for the rims to seperate it from the 200.
The white and orange are the only ones available (atm) and are exactly the same throughout the world (not including country specific engine/suspension, accs options).
At least the U.S will get the choice.b

·
Registered
200 Posts
Apparently there will be a Duke 390 ABS model in the north american market which will be only coming in black.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Apparently there will be a Duke 390 ABS model in the north american market which will be only coming in black.
How do you know that? Any more information on this?
Any pictures? I'd love to see how it looks unless someone knows photoshop and can black out a Duke 390 :D

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
From 2013 the 200 and 390 are all fitted with ABS, ABS is going to be compulsory soon in most countries so they are getting it happening now in preparation. Unsure about the 125.
The only difference is the tank shroud is black as well as the headlight shrouds.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The black with the purple and turquoise accents is nice looking too. I would be happy if they put those decals on sale in North America. All the color combinations for the Duke look nice to me. I just wish it was more clear where all the color choices are available. Why doesn't KTM just offer all the color combos everywhere the bike is sold? That would make things a lot easier (for consumers.)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts