KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
News from the Indian motorcycle market tells us that the KTM Duke is getting a price hike. The increase is reported for the Indian market only at the moment.

The initial price of the KTM Duke 390 was $2,910, and that price has increased to $3,010. So that's a $100 price increase. That really isn't that bad, but we have to hope they don't do the same to the bike being sold in Europe. The Duke 390 costs $7,280 in Europe already, so a $100 price increase would be felt a bit more there.

More info here.

·
Registered
533 Posts
News from the Indian motorcycle market tells us that the KTM Duke is getting a price hike. The increase is reported for the Indian market only at the moment.

The initial price of the KTM Duke 390 was $2,910, and that price has increased to $3,010. So that's a $100 price increase. That really isn't that bad, but we have to hope they don't do the same to the bike being sold in Europe. The Duke 390 costs $7,280 in Europe already, so a $100 price increase would be felt a bit more there.

More info here.
well, actually europe would feel the price increase less.

$100 price increase on $2910 is a 3.4% increase
$100 price increase on $7280 is a 1.3% increase

Plus Europe is arguably more affluent than India.

Double Plus we've converted the Indian Lakhs pricing to Dollars which skews the values and perspective.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The price was only an "introductory" price. KTM said the price would change but unsure if they will have an intro price over your way.....they should.

·
Registered
200 Posts
what was the reason behind increasing the price? I mean $100 is not alot but still its the principle that matters. I mean can they gurantee there will not be anymore increae in price? it's not so attractive when the 390 is not even fully released across the globe.

·
Registered
134 Posts
what was the reason behind increasing the price? I mean $100 is not alot but still its the principle that matters. I mean can they gurantee there will not be anymore increae in price? it's not so attractive when the 390 is not even fully released across the globe.

The Duke 390 price in India was an introductory price.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts