KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I got my Duke this weekend and have used it to get to work(61Km so far).
When I got to work this morning the Hazard light was on? Any advice?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Query

Hi
Was the Hazard light on continuously or only at the start?

Asking as it remains on for 2 to 4 mins when you start the bike and then goes off.

Else it comes on when the fuel level is low...

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
As said before hasard light comes on " normal " when the fuel is low , when the kick stand is down ( but then you should be able to put the bike in gear without stalling ) and a short while after setting off the time for the system to check the ABS function .
Try the reset as mentioned above , remove negative lead of the battery and replace .
If the warning light persists take it to the dealer asap

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Welcome to the forum which carries a search option up in the header.
Type in any key-words of a subject you are interested in and if there have been any posts, these will show up.

Just bought a Duke 390 and just joined the forum.

- I noticed the warning light is on, on the dash. What is the 15 minute reset??

·
Registered
2 Posts
That you. So if I am getting a lit warning light, are you saying the way to fix that is out it on a paddock stand and let it run for 15 mins, than shut it off and that should calibrate the ECU, like automagically?

·
Super Moderator
1,235 Posts
Not really, it says that this procedure resets the ECU to its default settings.
I never mentioned a paddock stand and preformed this procedure sitting on the bike.
Check the thread as I believe for the second-Gen bikes the procedure is 10 or 11 minutes.
If this involves a wrong readout that has triggered a light to come up, yes this procedure will correct this.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Just bought a Duke 390 and just joined the forum.

- I noticed the warning light is on, on the dash. What is the 15 minute reset??
If this warning is not due to low fuel, you might want to buy a KTM Duke 390 OBDII adapter and a bluetooth adapter, then you'll be able to read in the error codes using an app like Torque. I've done it, and this setup works well.

Something like this:

Combined with your choice of a bluetooth OBDII adapter, like this:

VEEPEAK is the one that I have, it just works without issues for $13.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts