KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hmm .... maybe i got the wrong size of gloves or maybe its over 12 years of NOT riding any motorcycle or maybe it's the Duke 390 ...

THE HEAVY CLUTCH CRAMPS MY FINGERS !!!

so here are some parts i source locally and tadaa ... home brew DIY Hydraulic clutch ...

Here are something for the sharing.

1. Need to have wrench and long nose pliers ready as the vibration will soon loosen the hydraulic pump and THAT'S IT ...
2. Reduces the heavy clutch by hmmm.... 50% or maybe 40% .... still noticeable ... heavy but bearable ...
3. tested on a road trip about 250km ride ... so far ... i need to adjust the lever to have more clearance as the master lever pump are .. radial pump size 9/16x18 and i'm looking up and down for a bigger size now...
4. the vibration of the engine loosen the pump and therefore at time i need to pump it up 1 time before gear change and also going back to neutral.
5. Still experimenting it and STRICTLY for pro user only for now, cos i bring my spare cable and lever along ...

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
Brilliant! Ive been looking around at options/brands so it will be good to watch your progression. Looks like a bracket change will be needed for the actuator arm but thats a straight forward piece. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Weren't you going to swap out the clutch handle entirely? To a lighter pull one?

Wait so all you do is loosen the pump? I'm not very technical so I dont get how that helps.

Anyone care to explain to my clueless self?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Weren't you going to swap out the clutch handle entirely? To a lighter pull one?

Wait so all you do is loosen the pump? I'm not very technical so I dont get how that helps.

Anyone care to explain to my clueless self?

He has swapped the entire clutch cable based system for a hydraulic system. That means removing the old clutch lever, pivot, perch and cable and swapping in a hydraulic master cylinder perch and lever, hydraulic hose and a slave cylinder (which is where his problems look to be - there's not a lot of space there for one).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Philcoure,
Any guidelines for using Hydraulic clutch kit !! As you mentioned that the lever still feels a bit hard.
So any higher recommended piston size to select. Please inform. I am planning to change to cable to oils !!! on my duke 390.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry guys ... i have been away ...
I'm making some prototype for Duke390 because i have over 100 enquiries from Malaysia and Philippines alone and once prototype is good i'm able to sell it with a small fee paid for my development.

finger cross and hope it can be plug and play and no fabrication needed.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Its a basic mod, if you want to do one you can use Magura parts. Top quality and used by KTM before they switched to Brembo.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts