KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we'll .. not to brag, just sharing ...

i manage to climb up to 180km/j serious no joke !
with my factory borrowed exhaust MC Sport equip (noisy rattatat)

wow !!! i will try it again with the newly fitted Akrapovic tomorrow..
stay tune guys ... this is getting interesting ....:D:D:D

·
Registered
533 Posts
phil did you change the sprokets? I'm just wondering if the new top end is really the fault of the new pipe or a combination of all the mods...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No sprocket changed. Just the MC Sport exhaust, K&N filter, Pivot voltage stabilizer, 120/60-17 & 160/60-17 Rosso II. I bet the later did not help on the speed.

now im going for another test with the newly fitted Akrapovic. . Will update once done.

phil did you change the sprokets? I'm just wondering if the new top end is really the fault of the new pipe or a combination of all the mods...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, rear sprocket drop 2 teeth. But after I have finalise getting everthing out from the performance parts.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tested on thr new Akrapovic with cat manage to hit 180km/h with strong wind left and right and going slightly uphill.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Is it from the speedometer or from a gps ?
I've been wondering the same...a 1/2" smaller wheel (say 16.5 vs 17) has a 3" smaller circumference. (106.8 vs 103.7). There are 39,370 inches in a KM. His wheel (if fitted with a smaller dia tyre which I think he has done) will turn 380 turns in a KM vs the standard one which will turn 369. The difference will be about a 3% faster speedo reading. So if he claims 180 and we subtract 3% that's an actual speed of 174KM/H. If his front wheel is even smaller (1" smaller overall diameter) that's a 6% difference which would mean his actual speed is 169KM/H.

I am not saying that there's fibbing here but the speed increase is a little high for just these mods so far and I think there's an effect on the speedo from a tyre change. A GPS smartphone reading would be the best proof.

·
Registered
817 Posts
With the PowerTRONIC installed and original tyres Id still be pushing to get that out of it, a long straight.......maybe. Once I install the pipe and filter im sure that will change although probably not much.
Your tyre change is throwing your speedo out as AOD mentioned.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yah ... i forgot to subtract my tyre size ... ur definately correct Asiaoildude ...
but over the comm (H2H comm) with a Z800 we're getting about the same reading... 180 on DUKE is 182 on Z800

but i think with a GPS will give best accurate result ... will do that on the next trip to the freeway ...

I've been wondering the same...a 1/2" smaller wheel (say 16.5 vs 17) has a 3" smaller circumference. (106.8 vs 103.7). There are 39,370 inches in a KM. His wheel (if fitted with a smaller dia tyre which I think he has done) will turn 380 turns in a KM vs the standard one which will turn 369. The difference will be about a 3% faster speedo reading. So if he claims 180 and we subtract 3% that's an actual speed of 174KM/H. If his front wheel is even smaller (1" smaller overall diameter) that's a 6% difference which would mean his actual speed is 169KM/H.

I am not saying that there's fibbing here but the speed increase is a little high for just these mods so far and I think there's an effect on the speedo from a tyre change. A GPS smartphone reading would be the best proof.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts