KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
So far Ive heard a few trying to connect via TuneECU but its the same as the 690 series IV where the ECU isnt cracked and wont connect or show up in the software. The connector after the wired in 6 pin is similar to the PT connector by the way.
Sorry I cant be much more help.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far Ive heard a few trying to connect via TuneECU but its the same as the 690 series IV where the ECU isnt cracked and wont connect or show up in the software. The connector after the wired in 6 pin is similar to the PT connector by the way.
Sorry I cant be much more help.
I think the problem is CAN bus.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The pintouts have been kindly shared by Robyn Lee

Here it is:

KTM Duke connector
#1 wh +12V
#2 bl CAN hi
#3 ye CAN lo
#6 bl/ye GND

OBD2 16 pin connector
OBD2 16 pin connector
#16 +12V
#4 #5 GND
#6 CAN hi
#14 CAN lo

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just ordered the ODB cable as well as the connectors needed to be able to connect to the ECU. I'll try to use both th KTM tool and the Tune ECU software to find out if any AFR tunning is possible.

I'll keep you posted on the findings.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same adapter(but paid twice the amount :'( ) and i got myself a cheap elm327 Bluetooth mini OBD2 scanner. You wont get all sensor datas though :(

The stuff that wont be displayed are:

RPM
Gear Indicator
Stand Indicator
Fuel Level

I heard that KTM used different PIDs for the ECUs on the KTM Duke 390's (200 too)
I have an Indian KTM, i dont know if the EU or NA have the same issue as their ECU wires (or maybe the ECU itself) is different..

Anyway, the RPM data and the others ARE ACCESSIBLE, but you gotta find which PID it correlates to. Not gonna experiment on my KTM though,

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just ordered the ODB cable as well as the connectors needed to be able to connect to the ECU. I'll try to use both th KTM tool and the Tune ECU software to find out if any AFR tunning is possible.

I'll keep you posted on the findings.
Well, After a lot of research, tons of reversing engineering and a bunch of "try and test" work I found out:

-The pinout described at Tune ECU site won't work with our small dukes because it is intended for Keihin ECUs and the one used in Dukes is a Bosch unit. So, sorry no Tune ECU for now.

-Therefore the factory software for tuning won't work either.

However, while reseraching I did discover it is possible to connect an OBD2 adapter to the ECU using an adaptor, so I finally developed one and now it's available on ebay for you.

Bluetooth ODB2 adapter for KTM Duke 200/390 RC200/390

Currently working on those "hidden" PIDs so We can see all the data available!!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
the problem is the wirings.

duke 390 has can bus and the cables in ebay are for k-line.

the connections for can bus as described in previus post.

·
Registered
455 Posts
just ordered the cables (female obd2 and 6 pin male sumittomo) to construct my diagnostic cable.

i have a clone ELM327 obd2 usb device and i hope i could make it work.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I installed the obd2 BT in the bike and I´d like to know if someone already map the hidden pids?
I saw a guy from Bogota, Colombia that posted a youtube video of a Duke 390 with the correct PIDs but he didn´t post it anywhere.
I email him and I´m waiting the response and if I get I will post here ASAP.
Luis

·
Registered
209 Posts
I installed the obd2 BT in the bike and I´d like to know if someone already map the hidden pids?
I saw a guy from Bogota, Colombia that posted a youtube video of a Duke 390 with the correct PIDs but he didn´t post it anywhere.
I email him and I´m waiting the response and if I get I will post here ASAP.
Luis
I'm that guy >:D

You can see all that you can do with the OBD scanner in my youtube channel

And you can buy the scanner, including the extra PID right here:

OBD2 KIT FOR KTM DUKE 125/200/390 RC 125/200/390 REAL TIME INFO ON YOUR PHONE

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Bender, This is very cool, Bravo! I assume you built the connector interface? Well done! Is coolant temperature among the parameters it can read and display?

I note that it works with Android apps, and I presume, Android phones. Is there a version that can work with iPhones?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Bender, This is very cool, Bravo! I assume you built the connector interface? Well done! Is coolant temperature among the parameters it can read and display?

I note that it works with Android apps, and I presume, Android phones. Is there a version that can work with iPhones?
Yes, it reads and display coolant temperature as shown in this video:

Torque app does not work with iOS but there are a few OBD apps for Iphone. I have tried a couple of them without success

1 - 20 of 65 Posts