KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Dash command is good for standard car solution skip it for Duke.
OBD fusion works very well for Android so I believe that will work fine in your IPhone.
You can insert the user defined pids that I already tested and if you don't want overlay the camera image it has a pretty good map log.
I have both (fusion and torque) and I am using fusion since it is simple and practical for my goal.
Luís

·
Registered
455 Posts
thanks to the members of this community (lol) i have made a cable for obd2 port.

I used the following items:

Sumitomo HM 6-way connector, MALE set with pins & seals | eBay

OBD2 OBD-II 16 Pin Female Extension Connector To Open Plug Wire Diagnostic Cable | eBay

the connections as mentioned in this thread (same at duke200 and 390).

after the cable construction i tested it with my cloned ELM327 USB device (win XP) and the scantool software.

I found out no trouble codes (9000 km till now) and as for real time measurement blocks i could see coolant temperature sensor, air intake temperature sensor, lambda sensor, ignition advance, vehicle speed, TPS position (%), fuel trim, injector duty cycle. I couldn't see rpm.

the next level could be an fgtech V54 so that i could read the stock file from the ECU and make some mods. But still i don't know if the fgtech v54 device can download the OEM file via the obd2 port that i made or there is the need for boot mode (this means there is the need to open the OEM ECU and solder it)

or i can wait my friend who is dimsport dealer for automotive applications to do the remap and flash the stock ECU with the cable i made.

·
Registered
723 Posts
thanks to the members of this community (lol) i have made a cable for obd2 port.

I used the following items:

Sumitomo HM 6-way connector, MALE set with pins & seals | eBay

OBD2 OBD-II 16 Pin Female Extension Connector To Open Plug Wire Diagnostic Cable | eBay

the connections as mentioned in this thread (same at duke200 and 390).

after the cable construction i tested it with my cloned ELM327 USB device (win XP) and the scantool software.

I found out no trouble codes (9000 km till now) and as for real time measurement blocks i could see coolant temperature sensor, air intake temperature sensor, lambda sensor, ignition advance, vehicle speed, TPS position (%), fuel trim, injector duty cycle. I couldn't see rpm.

the next level could be an fgtech V54 so that i could read the stock file from the ECU and make some mods. But still i don't know if the fgtech v54 device can download the OEM file via the obd2 port that i made or there is the need for boot mode (this means there is the need to open the OEM ECU and solder it)

or i can wait my friend who is dimsport dealer for automotive applications to do the remap and flash the stock ECU with the cable i made.
That is fantastic info @duke200 thankyou ! I think I will try to make my own cable. You connected it up as here then ?

The pintouts have been kindly shared by Robyn Lee

Here it is:

KTM Duke connector
#1 wh +12V
#2 bl CAN hi
#3 ye CAN lo
#6 bl/ye GND

OBD2 16 pin connector
OBD2 16 pin connector
#16 +12V
#4 #5 GND
#6 CAN hi
#14 CAN lo
From harness plugs I've looked at closely in the past, the pin numbers are marked on the plug, so hopefully these are also :)

Reactions: duke200

·
Registered
675 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
i didn't yet test how i am gonna add the rpm pid, but i know it can be done for sure.

there is a video here, but i am sure you already have done this procedure:

·
Registered
675 Posts
i didn't yet test how i am gonna add the rpm pid, but i know it can be done for sure.

there is a video here, but i am sure you already have done this procedure:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWR6qsTQYHc
The video that you posted is for adding PIDs that are already present. The video that I posted shows how to add Bender's 6 custom PIDs but the last step doesn't work (Clicking the "OK" checkbox).

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thank you.

I'm using a Samsung S7 Edge running Android 6.0.1- What phone are you using?
S5 duos CM13.
First question: Is your interface getting connected under Adapter Status?
Second: Under the pid edit screen there is a test button. What is the result of it? You need to be connected to bike ecu.
Start with Gear command that is the simplest. If it returned 0 it's correct since rhe bike is on neutral.
You need to create a digital display in the real time information to read the pid on the fly or insert it on map view.
Luis

·
Registered
209 Posts
Hey Bender,

I just tried to add the PIDs that you listed with my purchase paperwork using the video below and it doesn't work (the "OK" button doesn't do anything):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8sbtmLdzzY

Any ideas?
Hey Bahawton. I'm glad you're already playing with it :D. I just followed the steps in my video to doublecheck everything is fine and it works perfectly! What version of Torque are you using? If you're using the free version I'd suggest to go for the pro version which is dirty cheap >:D

Ok button works OK :)

I'll be checking the forum more frequently to see if you could worked this out.

·
Registered
675 Posts
S5 duos CM13.
First question: Is your interface getting connected under Adapter Status?
Second: Under the pid edit screen there is a test button. What is the result of it? You need to be connected to bike ecu.
Start with Gear command that is the simplest. If it returned 0 it's correct since rhe bike is on neutral.
You need to create a digital display in the real time information to read the pid on the fly or insert it on map view.
Luis
Thanks for the extra info. The unit is paired with my phone and all the other gauges work but the "OK" button doesn't give me the "check/done" symbol when I try to add custom PIDs even when the bike is on and the app is connected...

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hey Bahawton. I'm glad you're already playing with it :D. I just followed the steps in my video to doublecheck everything is fine and it works perfectly! What version of Torque are you using? If you're using the free version I'd suggest to go for the pro version which is dirty cheap >:D

Ok button works OK :)

I'll be checking the forum more frequently to see if you could worked this out.
Torque Pro- I've been using it on my car for a couple years.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Could you take a print screen with all parameters included and send me or make a video with the procedure?
Luis

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Bender, thanks for the connector, it's working great!

Do you know if I can log TPS data with Torque?

21 - 40 of 65 Posts