KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
I ordered one... The shipping from the ebay site you listed said it'll be here when I turn 32. Looking forward to my next birthday lol

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Sent eBay message regarding shipment to Canada please :)
I'm that guy >:D

You can see all that you can do with the OBD scanner in my youtube channel

And you can buy the scanner, including the extra PID right here:

OBD2 KIT FOR KTM DUKE 125/200/390 RC 125/200/390 REAL TIME INFO ON YOUR PHONE
Bender, thanks for the connector, it's working great!

Do you know if I can log TPS data with Torque?
Bender, PM sent - though I recognize you haven't been on the forum for months... sent eBay message also. Looks like my dongle, presume it's a Version 1, is now no longer connecting... I haven't disassembled it yet but I think it could be where the wires enter the black ODB2 connector plug? It looks like they may be getting pinched there...

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
Bender got back to me pronto - I've ordered a replacement dongle with reinforced cable. Thanks.

I'll try to fix the current one so I can use it in the meantime, got track day coming up next Monday and I'd like to see if I can get my map switch hooked up and compare maps and AFR readings this week...

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
For anyone with a Version 1 dongle, create some relief for the wiring before they break. As you can see, without modification, the case simply pinches down on the wiring. My wires broke so I had to solder them back together. PITA. Drilled out relief and put it all back together with some extra electrical tape reinforcement. Only to find out the Bluetooth adapter itself is also fried . Only one red led illuminates, same if connected to car.

Going to search for a replacement now, ideally local.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Is it possible to get from the OBD information about turn signals, break light, high beam, light condition (bright or dark TFT)?
Obviously I can get these signals from the wires to the lights. But I wonder if I can get them all together from the OBE?
Eventually I want to use this information to change the color of LED stripes (WS2812).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Is it possible to get from the OBD information about turn signals, break light, high beam, light condition (bright or dark TFT)?
Obviously I can get these signals from the wires to the lights. But I wonder if I can get them all together from the OBE?
Eventually I want to use this information to change the color of LED stripes (WS2812).
To answer my own question: No, I am 99% sure it's not possible to get this information from the OBD.
I checked the wiring diagram and i.e. the break light, high beam, etc. are just ordinary electrical components and they are not connected to any smart commander. It seems I have to get the signals from the individual wires...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I read this complete thread and I watched Bender's videos but I still don't know the values of the additional PIDs.
Did I miss them somewhere or are people making a secret out of this?

I found several possible values for the gear. What I read were the values 2122 or 2123 or 2133.
But because of the warning that something could go wrong I didn't try any of these yet.
Can anybody please confirm which additional PIDs work for the Duke 390 2017?

I have the Torque Pro version and it works fine.
Today I also bought OBD Fusion to check it out.

If anybody here has questions about these apps in connection with the Duke please ask and I will try to answer them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
2018 RC390 has rpm support right out of the box, or so it seems. :)

That said, I don't have AFR. the gauge just sits there not moving, even when its fully warmed up and in closed loop.

I'd love to have this working. one of the reasons I bought the cable and Torque Pro.

Reactions: Ede

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any reason why the custom PIDs aren't being shared? I'd love to have the AFR PID so I can compare stock to when my Booster plug is installed (2018 Duke 390). That may help some other forum members deciding between ECU mods. Any help is appreciated.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'd love to be able to monitor AFR as well. I know with a narrow band, its not the best, but its something.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Forgive me if I missed this...I have a obd2 reader/clearer I use for my cars and trucks. Is there an adapter that fits Duke? Thank you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Oh good....that makes life easier lol.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sweet...I like homemade stuff. My obd 2 is an innova....will I have to figure out thi pin layout in it or is there a standard? Thank you!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sweet...I like homemade stuff. My obd 2 is an innova....will I have to figure out thi pin layout in it or is there a standard? Thank you!
The pin layout of the big connector is standard and described often enough on the internet and in this forum.
The KTM pinout is in the wiring diagram.
For my adapter green is high and yellow is low CAN-Bus.

41 - 60 of 65 Posts