61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Awesome, thank you sir!

·
Registered
747 Posts
I’m also informed that doing an idle reset can clear the code. The manual claims it’s ten minutes for the ten 2 bikes.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Finally picked up my OBD2+cable from Lonelec order from the POBox on Aug.
23rd, ordered on July 16th :LOL:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Enjoy!

I have to admit when I bought my OBD2 reader I spend probably at least two weeks looking at all those data. It's fascinating what modern engine management and ABS and and and produce. And, at least for me, it's a big difference to see those data from my own bike on my trips compared to some other bloke's data somewhere on the internet.

Having said that, now my OBD2 reader is since a long time somewhere in a storage box. I know what it can do and I will use it again if I want to know something. But after the initial excitement I am not really so much interested anymore to know the exact air and oil temperatures or the throttle position or whatever. The bike just works and that is good enough for me 99% of the time.

Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Ha ha ha Ede,

That is mostly how it goes with gadgets even though they may be very useful, if the bike runs fine you won't look at it.
If it isn't broken don't fix it.
You are a more tech-savvy person when it comes to these electronic things, I on the other hand am a total no-no computer/mobile phone-wise.
I have connected the OBD2 yesterday, switched on the contact on the bike and all I did was check what PID codes showed up.
I have downloaded 3 apps to check the readings Torque, OBDLink and Motolink but so far only tried OBDLink.

I have time as I am in the process of swapping my fork inserts for an adjustable set and will need to fabricate some special tools before I can continue (this is more my thing ha ha).

Still, it is indeed a wonderful thing to be able to 'look' into the ECU and get on-the-fly info on how the engine is doing.
My 200 has no ABS so I will need to look into those ones the borders open and I can get to my 390 again.

Some biker guy's in Vientiane are keen to hook my OBD2 up to their Dukes, RC's and 690's.
When the fork inserts are done I'll head back up to the north and take the OBD2 with me.

Lonelec interface + OBD2 scanner works a charm though

Enjoy!

I have to admit when I bought my OBD2 reader I spend probably at least two weeks looking at all those data. It's fascinating what modern engine management and ABS and and and produce. And, at least for me, it's a big difference to see those data from my own bike on my trips compared to some other bloke's data somewhere on the internet.

Having said that, now my OBD2 reader is since a long time somewhere in a storage box. I know what it can do and I will use it again if I want to know something. But after the initial excitement I am not really so much interested anymore to know the exact air and oil temperatures or the throttle position or whatever. The bike just works and that is good enough for me 99% of the time.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Enjoy!
I am also a lot more familiar with "real" computers than with mobile phones (which are these days pretty powerful computers). I tried only two OBD mobile phone apps. One is Torque, I forgot the name of the 2nd app. One big difference was/is that with Torque I was able to have it "on" all the time, also when the phone was in my pocket. And to be able to get to that point I had to change a couple of settings. Sorry I don't remember which settings.
With the other App I could also see the engine data when I had the phone in my hand. But when I made a trip and I wanted to record the data of the trip while my phone was in my pocket, that didn't work. And I asked their support at their time and they told me it doesn't work. I guess the main reason is that many people will use the App in their cars while the phone is "on".
I suggest check that out before you get too used to your new App. Because if you also want to use it to record your trip data then you don't want to find out on the first real trip that that doesn't work the way you planned.

And about mechanic: When I was a little younger and in school I had a 80cc bike. I remember after I did lots of things on my bike I disassembled the engine just for fun to see how it looked inside. And then I assembled it again - and it still worked. I also like that kind of work. But living in Bangkok in a high rise building my options to do mechanical work are very limited. And just doing minor things in the garage with >= 30 degrees Celsius is not really much fun. ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Thanks, Ede for the good advice on the apps.
It surely will be interesting to see all the possible bike data when on the go so I shall experiment before heading out on the next 3,000km trip early next month.
For trip recordings I have my Beeline sat-naf, Relive, or Pirelli app ha ha ha.

I am pretty used to working in the tropics, do all the bike work myself when on Phuket and here in the forest at 30+C, which is sweaty but I don't mind that much.
I can understand that working in a high rise parking lot isn't much fun and probably also pretty dark.
In BKK I sometimes used Zeus Garage on Suk22 to do some work, shaded and big fans :D

Here I work under my stilted house which is relatively cool when there is some wind.

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
The Lonelec OBD2 set-up works a charm.
Q: I am not able to find any pros or cons of erasing P-codes, are there any negative consequences if doing so?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ι searched the web for 390 adventure obd reader nothing found. Where can I get a cable;

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
I got mine here which works very well.
No experience with any other though, they also do an OBD2 scanner (which I got)

·
Registered
505 Posts
It seems that mine has the smaller red connector, not the white one. lonelec suggests for models 2020 and on an obd wire with that red connector:

To confirm that this is the right one for me I sent question at lonelec and waiting for an answer

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
That will be the latest 1.
Wasn't on their website e when I ordered mine in June 2021.
They replied pretty rapidly to my emails.
You need this website to order, as said on your link.

61 - 76 of 76 Posts