KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just after some general information and feedback on the fuelx lite

I'm curious on if the fuelx lite starts auto-tuning as soon as it's installed or does it need to learn from scratch and takes a few miles/km to get it to where it needs to be?

Also anyones experiences with the fuelx lite what are your thoughts and has it support the mods like it should?

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
It starts learning and adjusting to the parameters once installed.
I believe it takes some 100 to 150 km to be fully adjusted to the environment (temp, humidity, altitude etc.) but keeps adjusting throughout its lifetime to stuff such as air-filter clogging up engine ware etc.
From experience with a Duke (first series 250) with an aftermarket exhaust and DNA air filter, it coped just fine and performs much better than without.
If you would like to dive deeper into all this, get an OBDII reader with a Lonelec adaptor cable, download any app that allows AFR viewing on the fly and you can then monitor your AFR with the Fuel-X unplugged and with the device connected.

·
Registered
908 Posts
I'm just after some general information and feedback on the fuelx lite

I'm curious on if the fuelx lite starts auto-tuning as soon as it's installed or does it need to learn from scratch and takes a few miles/km to get it to where it needs to be?

Also anyones experiences with the fuelx lite what are your thoughts and has it support the mods like it should?
The FXL connects to the Lambda and hence manipulates the lambda value to run the bike richer and cooler. There are preset values on FXL which can be adjusted on the fly i.e. you can select your rich value and lean value depending on your requirement. FXL also lets the user know what's the stock setting and hence allows user to rich/lean fuel without a piggyback. A brilliant product for a bike that runs super lean from factory and it does transform the bike to an extent, i.e. the low rpm snatchy throttle response, delivers smooth and consistent feel and to an extent the engine temps are reduced.

In short, recommend it 100% for the Duke

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The FXL connects to the Lambda and hence manipulates the lambda value to run the bike richer and cooler. There are preset values on FXL which can be adjusted on the fly i.e. you can select your rich value and lean value depending on your requirement. FXL also lets the user know what's the stock setting and hence allows user to rich/lean fuel without a piggyback. A brilliant product for a bike that runs super lean from factory and it does transform the bike to an extent, i.e. the low rpm snatchy throttle response, delivers smooth and consistent feel and to an extent the engine temps are reduced.

I think you are confusing the Lite and the Pro.

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
Fully inaccurate hence shortening names is a bad thing.
The Fuel-X Lite (as I presume you meant by FXL) is a ONE MAP device without any option to select anything.
The Fuel-X Pro comes with 10 maps of which map 3 is the OE setting map and will not alter anything. Maps 1 and 2 are leaner, maps 4 to 10 are richer.
I agree that the RaceDYNAMICS PowerTRONIC V(version)3 is a fine piggyback as will be the V(version) 4 and that the Fuel-X Lite and the Fuel-X Pro are great devices.
Please do not print inaccurate information as this will disappoint members following your advice.

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
In contrast to other products from the RaceDYNAMIC company, the Fuel-X Lite is designed for road use.
It is a fully plug&play device taking care of the closed loop operations by sending an ever-changing O2 (Lambda) sensor signal to the ECU in order to bypass the ECU's security circuits that are in place on all Euro5 ECU's.
The Fuel-X Lite is an ideal solution for people riding in too-high gear in too-low revs (urban riding).
Coober supplies a similar device called an FM unit which stands for Fuel Management and is a bit more expensive.

How are these on a stock bike? Just looking to smooth out power delivery at low RPMs

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just recently installed the FXL on my 2022 390 Duke. Being in Wisconsin, I won't have a chance to test it out for awhile. That said, before purchasing, I called Powertronics for advice. The tech I talked to said the Pro version is basically for those who do track days, race or plan on future motor upgrades. He said the FXL will work with any exhaust/intake combination and is the recommended one for 100% street use.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I just recently installed the FXL on my 2022 390 Duke. Being in Wisconsin, I won't have a chance to test it out for awhile. That said, before purchasing, I called Powertronics for advice. The tech I talked to said the Pro version is basically for those who do track days, race or plan on future motor upgrades. He said the FXL will work with any exhaust/intake combination and is the recommended one for 100% street use.
Pretty much sums it up. Pro is a tool to do a quick and dirty adjustment to your map - for example if conditions change say you go out of state for a track day and you don’t want to load a new map for a one off event. You shouldn’t really be using it as a permanent fix - in my opinion.

·
Administrator
2,613 Posts
Confused about your remark Marius.
What do you mean by loading a new map?
And what do you mean by a permanent fix?

Pretty much sums it up. Pro is a tool to do a quick and dirty adjustment to your map - for example if conditions change say you go out of state for a track day and you don’t want to load a new map for a one off event. You shouldn’t really be using it as a permanent fix - in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Confused about your remark Marius.
What do you mean by loading a new map?
And what do you mean by a permanent fix?
Pro is designed for on the day changes to the map you have loaded without waiting for the delay you get with Lite to autotune. It’s a product designed for racing. The downside to it is that it isn’t autotune - it only autotunes within the range you’ve set it to. If you choose the wrong range you can damage the engine.

If you are running say a PT and you are using the Pro to brute force a change in the fuelling on your everyday street bike, I think you should instead be altering the map. People who are comfortable and have the right expertise are obviously exceptions to this, but I talk to a lot of people who have bought the pro thinking they were getting an upgraded product because it was more expensive. It’s a different product to do a different thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts