KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like KTM is going to be taking the Duke a step further. The Duke 390 R. R stands for racing and at KTM that means lighter, more powerful and track focused.

Going off the Duke 690 and 690 R the Duke 390 R should be lighter by a fews kgs, offer a few more ponies on tap, offer different sproketing, tweaked suspension, and upgraded Metzeler tires.

Headlights and bodywork will be different in the name of lightness.

I guess 0-100 in 5.2 wasn't enough ;)

Duke 690:

Duke 690 R:

·
Registered
178 Posts
So how much faster do you think the 390R will go? Does it still have an engine displacement around 390cc? I also wonder how much more money its going to cost than the Duke 390.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sweeet, looks like I will be giving mine to my ex so I can buy the R :D

Mav the cc's is 375 on the 390.
Id say SM has it right, a reflection of the 690. They will probably use the RC cup suspension, rear sets and exhaust will come fitted with Akra.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweeet, looks like I will be giving mine to my ex so I can buy the R :D

Mav the cc's is 375 on the 390.
Id say SM has it right, a reflection of the 690. They will probably use the RC cup suspension, rear sets and exhaust will come fitted with Akra.
yea I'd say thats about right. Although I don't know if they will go as far with the 390 R as they went with 690 R in order to keep the cost down. If they go too serious with the 390 R then you start to get price cross over with 690 and who wouldn't want more power ;)

going off UK pricing:

Duke 390: 4,499 GBP
Duke 690: 6,999 GBP
Duke 690 R: 8,899 GBP

So lets do this right. Duke 690 is priced at 72.8% of Duke 690 R
If we multiply the Duke 390s price by 1.27 we get 5,720 GBP.

Ok we're safe LOL, Duke 390 R should be just as raucous as the 690 R...

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
yea I'd say thats about right. Although I don't know if they will go as far with the 390 R as they went with 690 R in order to keep the cost down. If they go too serious with the 390 R then you start to get price cross over with 690 and who wouldn't want more power ;)

going off UK pricing:

Duke 390: 4,499 GBP
Duke 690: 6,999 GBP
Duke 690 R: 8,899 GBP

So lets do this right. Duke 690 is priced at 72.8% of Duke 690 R
If we multiply the Duke 390s price by 1.27 we get 5,720 GBP.

Ok we're safe LOL, Duke 390 R should be just as raucous as the 690 R...
Yup rather have the Duke 390. Duke 1290 is my dream bike though :D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bastids! That means we won't have the bad ass Duke 390 anymore...we'll have the girl version haha. Price wise I dunno, I think I'd rather spend a bit more dosh and buy the 990 SMR or 990 Duke or a Dorsoduro 1200...dare I say it here.

I'm not sure the 1290 is worth the NZD$30K. Especially since I will either loose my license or kill my self with it. I also think it's one ugly MF.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Bastids! That means we won't have the bad ass Duke 390 anymore...we'll have the girl version haha. Price wise I dunno, I think I'd rather spend a bit more dosh and buy the 990 SMR or 990 Duke or a Dorsoduro 1200...dare I say it here.

I'm not sure the 1290 is worth the NZD$30K. Especially since I will either loose my license or kill my self with it. I also think it's one ugly MF.
LOL I agree, the prototype looks the best.

This is the nicest 990 ive seen, looks tuff just standing there.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I wonder if thry will release it the same time as the regular 390. If so I'm in for the 390R as long as they don't make the riding position more Ricky Racer

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I wonder if thry will release it the same time as the regular 390. If so I'm in for the 390R as long as they don't make the riding position more Ricky Racer
I guess the only way to see what it's like is to wait for some reviewer to get their hands on one. Hopefully that isn't much of a wait, not sure if i have the patience for it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I guess the only way to see what it's like is to wait for some reviewer to get their hands on one. Hopefully that isn't much of a wait, not sure if i have the patience for it.
Isn't it ironic I've finally gotten the patience I need for that at an age when maybe there's not so much time left;)

Reactions: sandy mary

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hmmmmmm a 390 "R" version soon to come out? Was this announced or just simple speculation?
They never came out with an "R" version for the 200 Duke...so why an "R" now for the 390 Duke?
I seriously doubt they will come out with one as it makes more sense for KTM to use the existing RC390 platform as their "R" racebike/sportbike versions of the 390 Duke...the 690's never had a sportbike version, so probably why KTM produced an "R" for the 690's.

Just makes more sense for them to use the sportbike counterpart of the 390 Duke which is the RC390 as their "R" racing versions....

Also the smaller Dukes like the 125 and 200 were created to make it more affordable for the masses especially is asian countries. I guess KTM figured it out that, they could still put a slightly bigger and more powerful engine in the already mass produced 125 and 200 Duke chassis, thus, 390's were born...again to make it more for affordable riding public and for begginers...

My 2 cents...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hmmmmmm a 390 "R" version soon to come out? Was this announced or just simple speculation?
They never came out with an "R" version for the 200 Duke...so why an "R" now for the 390 Duke?
I seriously doubt they will come out with one as it makes more sense for KTM to use the existing RC390 platform as their "R" racebike/sportbike versions of the 390 Duke...the 690's never had a sportbike version, so probably why KTM produced an "R" for the 690's.

Just makes more sense for them to use the sportbike counterpart of the 390 Duke which is the RC390 as their "R" racing versions....

Also the smaller Dukes like the 125 and 200 were created to make it more affordable for the masses especially is asian countries. I guess KTM figured it out that, they could still put a slightly bigger and more powerful engine in the already mass produced 125 and 200 Duke chassis, thus, 390's were born...again to make it more for affordable riding public and for begginers...

My 2 cents...
I think there are already some photos out there of a 390R. or maybe that was a rendering.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts