KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only thing missing is a suspension break down unfortunately. Although isn't the suspension on Duke 390 the same for Duke 125 and 200?

I'm going to see if i can go hunting for one of those shop manuals to give us some solid suspension info...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The only thing missing is a suspension break down unfortunately. Although isn't the suspension on Duke 390 the same for Duke 125 and 200?

I'm going to see if i can go hunting for one of those shop manuals to give us some solid suspension info...
I wish i knew that info but my assumption is that they might have done things a bit different especially for the 125, 200 and 390 might share some more things.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish i knew that info but my assumption is that they might have done things a bit different especially for the 125, 200 and 390 might share some more things.
all i do know is that KTM lists all three with a white power monoshock and front forks...

·
Registered
573 Posts
from the dealer here and from my test ride Duke 200 VS 390 on the suspension
390 has a very significant harder rear and less noticeable front.
for those that weight about my 80kg, once seated down ... 200 would bottom more then 390.

there is 1 custom suspension maker from the UK that makes Duke 200 custom rear
suspension http://www.nitron.co.uk/products

i have spoken to nitron Malaysia and they are willing to custome my 390 but i need
to send my bike there for day as they have no 390 model yet. cost will be around USD1K with adjustable height, damper and rebound.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
from the dealer here and from my test ride Duke 200 VS 390 on the suspension
390 has a very significant harder rear and less noticeable front.
for those that weight about my 80kg, once seated down ... 200 would bottom more then 390.

there is 1 custom suspension maker from the UK that makes Duke 200 custom rear
suspension Products | Nitron

i have spoken to nitron Malaysia and they are willing to custome my 390 but i need
to send my bike there for day as they have no 390 model yet. cost will be around USD1K with adjustable height, damper and rebound.
Interesting. For $1k it's not cheap but good investment if you really like this bike which it seems you do. Plus the finish on their products look sweet, it would also add some bling to the bike :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yup... the main reason i contacted Nitron is because i want to raise the rear
end about 2inch to 4inch ... and somehow i cant find any adaptor ...
The suspension is superb for my riding ... just that i want it to look abit nicer ;)
though i might be trading with stability on hi-speed.... thus i'm checking with
the suspension expert like Nitron and since they have office down in KL ... thats
about 400km from here ...

Interesting. For $1k it's not cheap but good investment if you really like this bike which it seems you do. Plus the finish on their products look sweet, it would also add some bling to the bike :D

·
Registered
62 Posts
philcuore good news.
Nitron have had the shock off my 390 at their UK base over the last week.
They have just confirmed that apart from a minor change in preload it is the same as the 125/200 model.
I now have a Sport shock being built for me. Sport versions and above have height adjustment.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes... great ... NITRON kick ass here ... they custom made for their customer ... unlike OHLINS ... i mean OHLINS do custom for customer but 10x the price here in Asia.....

i'm looking at raising 2inch or about 5cm but i want it to be race ready ... the race kit comes with 1cm height adjustment ... not enough for my hooligan appeal :p

how much is the Sport version in the UK ? they quoted me about Pound690 and Race Kit Pound1050 ... we'll thats the price to pay for custom kit ...

philcuore good news.
Nitron have had the shock off my 390 at their UK base over the last week.
They have just confirmed that apart from a minor change in preload it is the same as the 125/200 model.
I now have a Sport shock being built for me. Sport versions and above have height adjustment.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Sport £394
Track £551
Race £625
Any chance of speaking to them about pricing and shipping rates for these kits internationally? Id be intersted to know and compare against the Ohlins and Showa estimates I have, dont know much about Nitron but if their competitive then its certainly worth a look. Race would be overkill unless your Phil but track seems a good mid range.

·
Registered
62 Posts
All are height adjustable.
Track-external reservoir, 2 way independent compression and rebound damping adjustment.
Race - as Track but with independent hi/low speed compression making it 3 way adjustable.
Remote hydraulic preload unit available for £190.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts