Registered
77 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
We were led to believe that the slipper clutch, the principal innovation among the 20-odd improvements KTM made to the 2015 model, would be offered in the NA market. But real-world testing and consistent statements from KTM representatives in the US all seem to confirm the conclusion that the NA bikes are not equipped with the new clutch. No US dealer to date has affirmed that the US bikes have the slipper - in fact, those queried either deny it or say they know nothing about it. There was a lengthy thread about this about three months ago. No big deal - I really don't miss it, and find that my downshifts go seamlessly with no wheel hop or skid as long as I downshift one gear at at time.

I will not say it's impossible, but I think it highly unlikely that the Canadian bikes are in fact fitted with the slipper. All the evidence to date suggests that there is one pool of NA bikes (with perhaps a sub-group for California), with the US and Canadian models identical. It would be very surprising to discover any significant differences. That said, if you can find proof that the Canadian bikes do in fact have the slipper, that would be no more inexplicable than other equipment disparities among the 390's distributed to different markets around the world. But I think it nearly certain that the NA bikes are all the same. If slipper-equipped bikes are indeed roaming north of the border, I say congratulations, enjoy, and we to the south will be a trifle envious. But I doubt it.

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
345 Posts
Diplo, will have to have a chat with my mech later this week. Will let you know. If it's not equipped on my bike then a **** fine dupe has been had at my expense. Sure behaves like a slipper. #interesting

·
Registered
57 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Welcome. Also added repair manuals for Duke 125/200/250 Models. Stay tuned!
Thanks for all this!

I feel almost bad about asking if you can get a more recent Spare Connectors Catalog. Because many of the new connectors on the 2017 bike (LED lights, etc.) are not in the 2014 catalogue.

I looked already online and I found a couple of catalogues but none of them included the new connectors.
Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feel almost bad about asking if you can get a more recent Spare Connectors Catalog. Because many of the new connectors on the 2017 bike (LED lights, etc.) are not in the 2014 catalogue.
For example 2014 SCC catalog, which was uploaded, dated with March 15, 2018. I'm still not sure about its models coverage.
Well, to find the file, we need exact pt. number of the paper. Hope somebody will help with that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This is great!, thanks! I'll start looking for info on newer models to add to this.(but I must confess I am terrible at find stuff lol)

61 - 76 of 76 Posts