KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this kit for the Duke 200 that will work for the 390 (same bike, different engines) Its not the prettiest tidy tail I've seen but this one from R&G Racing is the only one I've come across so far. If you find anything else post it up...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I know but AFAIK its the only one currently available.... We've still got a while before Duke 390 jumps the pond, it was only just released in India, Europe soon... I have to imagine the aftermarket is only just getting their hands on the bike...

but yea I'd definitely like something more integrated than that... let me know if you find anything...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
yea I know but AFAIK its the only one currently available.... We've still got a while before Duke 390 jumps the pond, it was only just released in India, Europe soon... I have to imagine the aftermarket is only just getting their hands on the bike...

but yea I'd definitely like something more integrated than that... let me know if you find anything...
Considering that I would get it. No way am I going to wait months just to get a different type. Might as well get this for now and sell it when something better comes along.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you in NA? The Duke 390 won't be available here until sometime next year.. we can be a little patient ;)

the Evotech tidy isn't really much different than R&G's though...

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Are you in NA? The Duke 390 won't be available here until sometime next year.. we can be a little patient ;)

the Evotech tidy isn't really much different than R&G's though...

I like this design better, it looks so much more cleaner and flows with the rear end even better. Any side shots of it?

·
Registered
520 Posts
looking good. Looks much better than the stock one.

I've always wondered why manufacturers dont offer a tail tidy as a factory option.. it seems like pretty much everyone does it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Here is a pic of what the tail looks like before any mods.

These tail tidy kits look like they make a big difference compared to what the stock is. Never understood why they didn't just make the bikes with a tidier tail end from the start. Looks much better.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Here is a pic of what the tail looks like before any mods.

These tail tidy kits look like they make a big difference compared to what the stock is. Never understood why they didn't just make the bikes with a tidier tail end from the start. Looks much better.
I never understood it either, it's even like this on high $10k's to $20k bikes. Probably due to regulations.

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is due to regulations, they would need to allow for a world market so somewhere the longer tail is required. Same reason they put big heavy exhausts with cat converters as standard, so they can meet emissions regulations. I'm told in Australia, aftermarket exhausts are technically not warrantable.

Anyways the longer tail does prevent crap being flicked up your back and helmet when riding in the wet. So if you will be riding in the wet consider this. It makes a real mess. I only ride when dry so not an issue for me. I noticed this when I had to take it in for a service and the roads were wet.

Those black wheels look mean I will be spraying mine black with Plasti Dip as soon as the spray cans arrive.

I'm happy with this bike, I used to ride a ZX7-R 15 years ago and while this bike has no where near the horsepower of bigger bikes, it's power to weight makes is a ton of fun. It really just wants to be rev'd. I kept up with my mates GSXR 750 on the weekend on windy roads. If he was a better rider he'd have smoked me but we were not slow my any means as shown by our tyre strips after the ride :)

One thing I can say is that with this bike I can use all it's power through the entire rev range on the public streets. Something you just can't really do safely on the big sport bikes. So it makes it fun, always top of the rev range smashing through all the gears. Its a high work rate which I enjoy. And then just cruising and city riding she's just a breeze. So I'm a duke fan and will probably get the 1290 in 12 months or so.

Akrapovic exhaust is due to arrive on the 11th so will post another vid then.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The stock tail on the 390 looks pretty good to me

Better than most stock tails.

A tail tidy cleans things up but there are cons as well like eikon mentioned.
and the fact that they didn't bring the exhaust up made it look even cleaner, best thing for this bike, gives it extra points too.

·
Registered
520 Posts
yep. the rc390 is a sweet looking motorcycle

but i haven't sat on one yet so I don't know of its right for me

it seems pretty aggressive in terms of riding position.

still looking at the Duke 390 mainly.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
It is due to regulations, they would need to allow for a world market so somewhere the longer tail is required. Same reason they put big heavy exhausts with cat converters as standard, so they can meet emissions regulations. I'm told in Australia, aftermarket exhausts are technically not warrantable.

Anyways the longer tail does prevent crap being flicked up your back and helmet when riding in the wet. So if you will be riding in the wet consider this. It makes a real mess. I only ride when dry so not an issue for me. I noticed this when I had to take it in for a service and the roads were wet.

Those black wheels look mean I will be spraying mine black with Plasti Dip as soon as the spray cans arrive.

I'm happy with this bike, I used to ride a ZX7-R 15 years ago and while this bike has no where near the horsepower of bigger bikes, it's power to weight makes is a ton of fun. It really just wants to be rev'd. I kept up with my mates GSXR 750 on the weekend on windy roads. If he was a better rider he'd have smoked me but we were not slow my any means as shown by our tyre strips after the ride :)

One thing I can say is that with this bike I can use all it's power through the entire rev range on the public streets. Something you just can't really do safely on the big sport bikes. So it makes it fun, always top of the rev range smashing through all the gears. Its a high work rate which I enjoy. And then just cruising and city riding she's just a breeze. So I'm a duke fan and will probably get the 1290 in 12 months or so.

Akrapovic exhaust is due to arrive on the 11th so will post another vid then.
I found out the hard way when I took of my plastic fender. I was so excited with getting it off I went for a ride and halfway through it started to pour. Didn't notice much until I had stepped in to my washroom and walked past the mirror lol. All the dirt and gravel was on my back from my lower back to the top of my helmet.

It doesn't surprise me that your able to use all the power in the band. Usually this is the case with smaller displacements where you can take it to the top but not with liter bikes or something along those lines. I had a chance to take my cousin's Yami R1 for a full weekend and after that hoping back on to my gs500, I could immmediately feel the difference in power usage on the small streets.

Looking forward to see how your bike end up looking like by spring/summer. :)

1 - 20 of 117 Posts