KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Installed the evotech tail tidy today - easy peasy.

Clear instructions, good quality injection moulded parts. very good line up and fit of panels. Could not have been easier.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Very easy to do yourself. The Evotech website has the fitment instructions to download and it's very clear and easy to understand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Where did you get your tail tidy from? It looks awesome! I have the std tail piece and I do not like it! Please help!

·
Registered
675 Posts
i forgot, i have posted the rear end

notice my reg number is mounted in the middle section, if you were to mount at the end section, it will not be too obvious that your hiding your reg plate

for turn signal, you can mount it at the end of the alu plate , amke a hole with rubber grommets to seal water and debris from entering your compartment..

In my humble opinion ...
This is easily the best looking tail tidy ever created for the Duke 125/200/390- Where can we buy one Phil?

·
Registered
916 Posts
This is easily the best looking tail tidy ever created for the Duke 125/200/390- Where can we buy one Phil?

No can do mate. That's a "rest of the world" bike.
US models have a larger taillight and it doesn't fit. Currently, no-one makes one for a US spec bike. He also has an aftermarket clear tail light on that.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I purchased the same integrated taillight in Phil's picture so it should fit Hoover.

Nice, can you stick up a link to the one you bought. I'd be interested in that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just a heads up. Evotech is finally offering a fender eliminator for the 2013+ North American version of the Duke 390. The kit comes with a new Euro style tail light so you don't have to source one separately. Just ordered one...will post up once it arrives and is installed. Cost about $180 including international shipping.Tail Tidy for KTM 390 Duke - Evotech Performance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Got my tail tidy today and put it on. Shipping took a little over a week from UK. Agree with Drewdalb it definitely transforms the overall look of the bike. So much better. Install was super easy and fit is good and I really prefer the new tail light to the stock NA one that came on the bike. Evotech left out some nuts to secure the new tail light to the kit but no biggie you can use anything for those. For CA plates you will need to use the included plate adapter, in my pics you will notice I chose to re-use the plate adapter from shop I bought the bike from.

Duke1.jpg

Duke2.jpg

Duke3.jpg

·
Registered
211 Posts
The only thing that makes me sad is that getting your self a tidy (which imo is pretty awesome on this bike) forces you to buy a mudguard too unless you use the bike only on sunny days avoiding water on road an other **** like that (tidy owners prove me wrong.)

·
Registered
675 Posts
What does it matter if you get a little water spray from the back tire when riding in the rain? You're riding in the rain- you're going to get soaked no matter what you do?

·
Registered
916 Posts
The only thing that makes me sad is that getting your self a tidy (which imo is pretty awesome on this bike) forces you to buy a mudguard too unless you use the bike only on sunny days avoiding water on road an other **** like that (tidy owners prove me wrong.)
Why? I ride in the rain and get wet. Unless it's raining when I leave, then I put my rain suit on.
I don't give 2 sh1ts about getting wet. Just water. Gives me something to do when I get back and it needs cleaning!

·
Registered
15 Posts
To me it's a small price to pay for getting rid of the hideousness that is rear fenders. I can't stand those things, they really ruin the aesthetic of bikes. It's always the first thing I get rid of.

I hate the duke 390 one so much (it's the biggest one I've ever seen) that I literally sawed that piece of **** off with a hacksaw.

·
Registered
675 Posts

Attachments

61 - 80 of 117 Posts