KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hahha right! i knew that the tail eliminator guys would hit me in this post.

btw guys i am still trying to find a way to combine & fit this

with fender elimination on my duke.

·
Registered
675 Posts
A number of us have posted our creations on this forum so you might want to use the search feature under "Tidy Tail", "Tail Tidy", and "Fender Eliminator"

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just chopped off the whale tale right down the middle of where the plastic box threads were that held the plastics together and utilized those same threads to mount a license plate bracket to. About a 15 minute job from start to finish and free. May not look as clean as buying a full replacement tidy tail but I'd rather spend the money on other parts for the time being!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice ! Do you have photos showing the process? I see you have a metal bracket to hold the plate, how do you fix this to the tail?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
What provision do you now have for license plate illumination, a legal requirement in most countries? I don't see either the OEM light, LED bolts or any other means of lighting the plate. I wouldn't think the police or inspection authorities would be very favorably impressed with this arrangement.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sorry no photos, i made the cut similar to the video shown earlier in someones post and then realized there was a usable thread there if i could clean it up and sure enough it did the job. I just cut a flat piece of aluminum and drilled holes in it to mount to the bike and the license plate mounts to the aluminum. If i remember when I get home I can take some close up pics and post em for you Sampliphy to give you a better idea.

As for the light for the plate, you are correct i did remove that. Havent had any issues with the coppers or anyone yet, if that time comes I can adjust the placement of the aluminum plate and add a provision of some sort for the light but i'm not too worried about it. My Grom/Rucks/minis/etc in the past have all looked way more illegal/highly modified and I never got messed with too much around here other than to stop and ask me what the **** they were.

·
Registered
19 Posts
KTM 390 Duke Tail Tidy.

Clean up the rear of your Duke with our tail tidy kit. Complete with numberplate bracket, indicator mounts and numberplate light mount.

Made of high grade woven FRP 300 gsm

Weight less than 1.5 Kgs.

Shop Now: KTM Duke 200/390 Tail Tidy: Amazon.in: Car & Motorbike

International customers get in touch.

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
HA! This is great...could you do a little more detailed explanation on what you did?

Thanks!

I just chopped off the whale tale right down the middle of where the plastic box threads were that held the plastics together and utilized those same threads to mount a license plate bracket to. About a 15 minute job from start to finish and free. May not look as clean as buying a full replacement tidy tail but I'd rather spend the money on other parts for the time being!

·
Registered
35 Posts
HA! This is great...could you do a little more detailed explanation on what you did?

Thanks!
i took a saw to the stock one right down the middle of the exisiting threaded parts that used to hold together the 2 pieces of plastic, then made an aluminum plate to mount to the bike using those 2 threaded holes, then mounted my license plate to the alum plate. not hard at all really but as some stated before, may not be totally legal but been rocking it for a while with no issues in my area :) Let me know if you want more pics or have any other questions bud

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Apparently your tail tidy kit does not come with a Euro tail light, which is necessary for North American market Dukes. The NA bikes, because of US safety regulations, are fitted with a much larger tail light. To accommodate this oversized tail light, a tail tidy must either be dimensioned to fit the larger NA light (yours is not) or it must include the world-spec Euro light (yours does not). in order to use your tail tidy, a customer would have to buy a Euro tail light separately. If you want to market your kit to North American owners I think you would do well to offer a tail tidy model that includes a Euro tail light. Another well-known vendor does exactly that.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Yes, it's the EvoTech. I have one and it's a well-made piece that does include the Euro-spec tail light. A little expensive, but worth it.

Reactions: 390DukeBraaap1

·
Premium Member
1,023 Posts
81 - 100 of 117 Posts