KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
The Duke 390 is a very powerful bike and sprints to 60 km/hr in under 3 seconds while 100 km/hr comes in under 6 seconds. Top speed is around 170 km/hr (speedo indicated) and around 165 km/hr (true). We hit a top speed of 160 km/hr on the Duke 390 but our test bike's chain was loose and hence we couldn't go higher than that. The Duke 390 reaches 155 km/hr quickly but the tall sixth gear makes it difficult to nudge past 160 km/hr with ease. However ever rider will be able to do 160 km/hr. Higher speeds than that will depend on length of the road, wind velocity (too much wind blast on the Duke 390 after 140 km/hr) and rider's weight.
Im pleased with the times it gets, it's what expected with a bike like this.
But i'm still going to wait for the various reports by real owners when the time comes.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It really depends on weight. Incline or decline. Altitude. Temperature. Even Humidity. Rider Weight, Rider technique, length of time to achieve "full speed"

Too many variables

But I'd say 100mph should be achievable by all.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
It really depends on weight. Incline or decline. Altitude. Temperature. Even Humidity. Rider Weight, Rider technique, length of time to achieve "full speed"

Too many variables

But I'd say 100mph should be achievable by all.
Couldn't have said it any better, then with rider technique...under that would be gearing which matters a lot and some people fail to go from gear to gear properly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.