Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys..
Quick question
Yesterday i got my brand new Duke 390
Drives great!!
Now, the question
How long does it take for the bike to “smoother “
I Just have 50k :D
But if you see in YouTube , There popping wheelies like nothing..
Mine doesnt even lift in 1st ..
thxx Kenn

·
Registered
508 Posts
Wheelying is a technique, not an attribute of a motorcycle. Some people can wheelie a 50cc scooter, and some can't wheelie a liter bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Guys..
Quick question
Yesterday i got my brand new Duke 390
Drives great!!
Now, the question
How long does it take for the bike to “smoother “
I Just have 50k :D
But if you see in YouTube , There popping wheelies like nothing..
Mine doesnt even lift in 1st ..
thxx Kenn
Smoother? If you'r talking about the jerkiness in the lower gears it's because the engine runs so lean from the factory (to meet demanding emission rules). It will run much smoother if you install a booster plug. Google it. It's worth the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried the Rapid Bike Easy on my 2018 Duke 390. It made no difference, even tried turning it up to +3 with no improvement. Contacted the manufacturer, got a half-arsed reply saying that it may not be of much help for me to make it run smoother (which it is how it's marketed). So I've returned it for a refund.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I tried the Rapid Bike Easy on my 2018 Duke 390. It made no difference, even tried turning it up to +3 with no improvement. Contacted the manufacturer, got a half-arsed reply saying that it may not be of much help for me to make it run smoother (which it is how it's marketed). So I've returned it for a refund.
That's too bad, it worked well in mine (2018 Duke 390). I know sometimes when people buy something, they have 'confirmational bias' and will swear something's working (for various reasons, including they bought it, therefore it must work as advertised). I can say that my bike definitely is smoother in the lower/mid rpm range when cruising - it definitely had a lean surge before - it's not just a 'feeling' that I think it's better, so I'm very certain that it's not a confirmational bias.

I wonder if it was a faulty unit? I doubt a wiring issue, as it's really simple wiring - the only thing could be if the plug didn't get plugged in all the way or something like that?

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
That is unfortunate to read. I am on 5 KTM forums and admin some FB KTM pages and this is the very first time I read that the RB Easey is not smoothening out the ride.
Perhaps you had a faulty unit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Smoother? If you'r talking about the jerkiness in the lower gears it's because the engine runs so lean from the factory (to meet demanding emission rules). It will run much smoother if you install a booster plug. Google it. It's worth the money.
Hi yes I put a booster plug on mine a couple of weeks ago, much easier around town etc even my husband agreed when he road it and he’s the most sceptical person regarding little bits of kit for quick fixes ;-)

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
Great you and your husband agree for once ha ha ha :LOL:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Lol, too true, usually he is the voice of reason, very grounded & was dead against the Booster plug saying maybe I should get a different bike but the Duke is such fun & great in every other aspect I managed to talk him around ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its not about the wheelie
Its Just that i hope the bike is getting more agressive and powerfull
Just 501km now
So i have to be patience 😁
Some say after 1000km the bike is more agressive
Other say it ist so

1 - 15 of 15 Posts