KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motorcycle.com just realeased thier top ten bikes for wheelies and our Duke made the podium. The Duke 690 was rated the third best bike for wheelies behind the Aprilia Tuono V4R and the Triumph Speed Triple.

Motorcycle.com claims that if you screw the throttle on fully in first the 690 duke will pop its leading wheel regardless of if you're ready or not...

Check it out... Top 10 Motorcycles For Wheelies

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
not surprised, always had a feeling it would be the ideal bike for wheelies. even some guys start filming themselves poppin wheelies around town on their dukes

·
Registered
208 Posts
I figured this bike would be rated as best for wheelies. Every video I see of the KTM Duke it is popping wheelies. I think that it si uncontrollable. Definitely meant for experienced riders. A first time rider would fall off immediately with the much power under them.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I figured this bike would be rated as best for wheelies. Every video I see of the KTM Duke it is popping wheelies. I think that it si uncontrollable. Definitely meant for experienced riders. A first time rider would fall off immediately with the much power under them.
As a new rider, stunts = deathwish.
For the experienced rider that wants to do stunts with a nice powerful bike, Dukes are it!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Even if you are experienced I still think that wheelies are an unnecessary risk. It is just asking to get yourself hurt. Maybe I am just overly cautious, but I see people doing wheelies the same as I see people who speed ridiculously. But, like I said, maybe I am a prude.

What other stunts would you be doing on the KTM Duke other than wheelies though?

·
Registered
520 Posts
as long as its got enough low range torque, any motorcycle that is can be suitable for easy wheelies. hard part is not falling backwards :p

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
as long as its got enough low range torque, any motorcycle that is can be suitable for easy wheelies. hard part is not falling backwards :p
that really is the key thing here, any bike with low range torque can easily do this, it's nothing all that special but i guess it helps them sell it, and clearly it caught our attention and led to a long convo on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts