KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody of you have experience with the KTM Fly Screen or another small screen?

https://www.ktm.com/powerparts/windshield/fly-screen-527d4364

Currently it get's windy on my bike about 100km/h. I am looking for a small wind screen which deflects wind maybe up to 120km/h.
I don't want a big screen.
Any suggestions?

I tried to search for Fly Screen in this forum but the search returns an error...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,296 Posts
On my 2015 Duke I put the PowerPart larger screen that works fine for me up to 120 km/h

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my 2015 Duke I put the PowerPart larger screen that works fine for me up to 120 km/h
Thanks, that is valuable information. If the large screen is "only" good up to about 120 then I guess the much smaller fly screen won't make much of a difference.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Does anybody of you have experience with the KTM Fly Screen or another small screen?

https://www.ktm.com/powerparts/windshield/fly-screen-527d4364

Currently it get's windy on my bike about 100km/h. I am looking for a small wind screen which deflects wind maybe up to 120km/h.
I don't want a big screen.
Any suggestions?

I tried to search for Fly Screen in this forum but the search returns an error...
I have it mounted on bike, it does make a difference but not a huge one, if you really want something that deflects the wind there are bigger and better options.. but it does look cool ;)

hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have it mounted on bike, it does make a difference but not a huge one, if you really want something that deflects the wind there are bigger and better options.. but it does look cool ;)

hope this helps
Thanks, especially for the picture, it's the first picture I saw with the fly screen mounted on the bike. Looks good.

I saw some pictures with the bigger screens on the bike and I don't like that look. This means I won't install the bigger shield even if it works better. In my opinion the big screen ruins the look of the Duke.

I guess next time I am near my KTM dealer I will ask them if they have the fly screen in stock. And maybe I can convince them to let me try it. Let's look.

If you have some more (detailed) pictures please post them. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi tbj, did you need to adapt the screen to fit the current duke or is it an easy fit?

Also your mirrors look cool, can I ask where you bought them from and how much?

Cheers.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Hi tbj, did you need to adapt the screen to fit the current duke or is it an easy fit?

Also your mirrors look cool, can I ask where you bought them from and how much?

Cheers.
hi, thanks :)
I didn't have to modify, it's designed to for the 2017 and later models, but it was a bit fiddly. The handlebar needs to come off the bike and it was a bit of a pain in the a... to get alle the metal mounting bits aligned so the screen would fit properly, but it didn't take me more than around 30 min to get it mounted.
the mirrors are from ebay and cost around 50$, inc shipping to Norway, search for "orange & black Tulip style mirrors M8" and you'll find them.
I have to warn you that they are small and sit very close to the bike's center line so the view is restricted..

·
Registered
442 Posts
OK, so it was raining cats and dogs so I couldn't do it outside.. and don't shoot me for not cleaning the bike after last ride... but at least I managed a few better shots than I did on the first try..
hope this helps

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, so it was raining cats and dogs so I couldn't do it outside.. and don't shoot me for not cleaning the bike after last ride... but at least I managed a few better shots than I did on the first try..
hope this helps
Thanks a lot! This looks like this is how the bike is supposed to look like - not just an accessory.
I will get one of those.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I fitted one of these to my bike this week as one of the downsides of the little Duke is the wind pressure on my chest at higher speeds. Didn't like the look of the taller aftermarket ones though. I must say it was a bit of a faf to fit and I had to remove the handle bars which it doesn't say you have to in the instructions but once on it looks good. When out for an extensive test of the screen yesterday and can tell you it makes very little noticeable difference but it was quite a windy day anyway. I'm going to just put up with the wind blast rather than buy a horrid taller screen

·
Registered
4 Posts
BTW the only other mods I've so far made are comfort gel seats and a tail tidy. OH and I have the phone connectivity option. Next change will be the end can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys, so I snapped a few pics of the screen yesterday but I was in a rush so most of them turned to out to be.. let's just say less than perfect.. here are the only two that were usable.. will try again today.. sorry about that
Where can we buy this windshield in India? I cannot find it on KTM powerparts India

·
Super Moderator
1,296 Posts
I believe someone from Norway will not be able to tell you where you can buy stuff in India.

Where can we buy this windshield in India? I cannot find it on KTM powerparts India

·
Registered
527 Posts
I believe someone from Norway will not be able to tell you where you can buy stuff in India.
I’m often asked variations around this question and my response is mostly the same. People seem shocked when I suggest that they buy from outside their own country.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi guys, so I snapped a few pics of the screen yesterday but I was in a rush so most of them turned to out to be.. let's just say less than perfect.. here are the only two that were usable.. will try again today.. sorry about that
Yeah True. Hoping someone from India picks up this comment and advises. As I really liked this windshield.

·
Super Moderator
1,296 Posts
You might want to give it a go in this section: India
Provide enough info so that people checking can inform you correctly.

Yeah True. Hoping someone from India picks up this comment and advises. As I really liked this windshield.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts