KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KTM had a record sales year in 2013 with 123,859 bikes sold worldwide. That number includes bikes sold by Bajaj as well, KTM's partner in India.

Unit sales were up 15.6 percent in 2013, helping the company achieve a turnover of €716.4 million. Part of that sales increase must is on the back of the newly released 1190 Adventure and the 390 Duke.

KTM also earned market share of 8.5 percent in Europe, despite a declining motorcycle market on that continent.

KTM expects further increases in sales and turnover, as well as an increase in market share.

So that is all great news for KTM!

·
Registered
817 Posts
I just hope KTM dont lose their commitment to quality and perfection. By rights a lot of people in Bajaj should have swung by now with all the annoying little errors, cause this doesnt happen with any Euro built KTM models.
Husqvarna is going to be the intersting mix this year, still considering swapping my 2014 EXC for a new Husky.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It seems like while other manufacturers are announcing delays and problems, KTM seems to be right on track with the release of their bikes. Not only are their bikes great, they also are running their business smoothly. If KTM continues like this than they could start to challenge some of the more powerhouse bike brands.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I just hope KTM dont lose their commitment to quality and perfection. By rights a lot of people in Bajaj should have swung by now with all the annoying little errors, cause this doesnt happen with any Euro built KTM models.
Husqvarna is going to be the intersting mix this year, still considering swapping my 2014 EXC for a new Husky.
yea thats always been one of the things about indian manufacturing, kind of has a dodgy reputation. There was a bit of a snafu with Indian made CBR250s a few years back. I mean most of the indian produced 250s stayed in india but a chunck of them were for export to South America, there were a host of issues with the indian produced bikes vs the rest that were coming out of thailand...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts