KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KTM has plenty of plans for its operations in India. First off, the Austrian brand is considering production of its twin-cylinder 500cc and 800cc bikes in India. Building these bikes domestically should cut down on production costs and eventually lower the cost of the product itself.

As far as KTM's immediate future, the brand is preparing fully faired versions of their 200cc and 390cc bikes -- the RC200 and the RC390. This is a move based on the tremendous success of the Duke 200 and Duke 390 in India. The Duke690 may even be brought to India too.

KTM RC390

Finally, KTM is working with Husqvarna to bring Indian customers Husqvarna bikes. Production will be local like with KTM's other bikes.

Soon India may become a hub for manufacturing vehicles that get sold to the Philippines and Thailand.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Good to hear KTM is doing this, I didn't think they would jump into the higher CC's this quick, it's a good sign, a sign of growth in that economy and even at KTM.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Good news for Indian riders and KTM

The market there is very strong and KTM jumping on only means growth for the company which means more models for us!

·
Registered
179 Posts
SO many articles I read on motorcycles are about India. Every company worth their weight is getting into the Indian market. Many of them are also moving manufacturing there.

It must be very exciting for Indians to see all these companies investing in the country. More jobs, more bikes, more money. Seems like everybody is winning, though many Indians are no where near rich enough to even think about buying most of these bikes. Definitely steps in the right direction though.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Good news for Indian riders and KTM

The market there is very strong and KTM jumping on only means growth for the company which means more models for us!
Indeed, im sure there are people in Indian that can easily afford high end bikes but due to the rest of the country not many high end bikes are being sent their as yet. At least this gets them closer.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think that it says something that companies are starting to sell the higher end bikes there. This means that the lower end bikes are doing well there and it also means that there are enough people in India with the money to spend on more expensive bikes.

I hear KTM is especially popular in India.

Even with the country getting more developed I think that bikes should stay popular there. It just makes more sense to ride a bike than drive a car on such crowded roads, and it never gets cold there (maybe hyperbole, maybe not, I'm not sure.)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I think that it says something that companies are starting to sell the higher end bikes there. This means that the lower end bikes are doing well there and it also means that there are enough people in India with the money to spend on more expensive bikes.

I hear KTM is especially popular in India.

Even with the country getting more developed I think that bikes should stay popular there. It just makes more sense to ride a bike than drive a car on such crowded roads, and it never gets cold there (maybe hyperbole, maybe not, I'm not sure.)
don't forget the cost of fuel. I'm relatively sure fuel efficiency is the number one concern when shopping for transportation...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts