KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody installed the KTM brake/clutch levers to a 2018/19 Duke 390?

I need to know if they adjust closer to the bars (than the original fitment levers)
The clutch is OK but even on position 5, the lowest setting, the brake lever is still a bit too far away for my small hands.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It doesn’t matter, l’ve ordered the Puig ones as they were cheaper, £100 for a pair including adapters.
I found a post where someone fitted these and they adjusted closer to the bars (than the KTM OE ones)

Which was what l wanted. The KTM Powerparts ones are £170 and nobody can tell me if they are any better, even the KTM dealer, so l am not taking a chance on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It doesn’t matter, l’ve ordered the Puig ones as they were cheaper, £100 for a pair including adapters.
I found a post where someone fitted these and they adjusted closer to the bars (than the KTM OE ones)

Which was what l wanted. The KTM Powerparts ones are £170 and nobody can tell me if they are any better, even the KTM dealer, so l am not taking a chance on it.
Hi how did you get on with the Puig levers? I’m in the same situation, got my Duke 390 a couple of months ago.
With the Puig levers does the cut out for the kick stand still work as I know there’s a safety cutout link between the stock lever and the kickstand.
Cheeers, Daisy-Duke

·
Super Moderator
1,160 Posts
Hi congrats on your Duke,
The safety activation is through a switch that is activated the moment you pull the lever.
If this Puig lever is a replacement for the OEM I take it this will also manage this little switch but let's wait for lightning's reply..

Hi how did you get on with the Puig levers? I’m in the same situation, got my Duke 390 a couple of months ago.
With the Puig levers does the cut out for the kick stand still work as I know there’s a safety cutout link between the stock lever and the kickstand.
Cheeers, Daisy-Duke

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Powerparts levers didn't adjust any closer to the bars than the standard levers.
The Puig levers didn't actually fit on my 2019 Duke the hole wouldn't line up to put the bolt through on the brake lever.
l ended up fitting some Chinese levers which cost about £12 for the pair. They are well made and look great, and they adjust as close to the bars as you could go really.
As you have to account for how far the lever will move when you apply the brakes at maximum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts