KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally it arrived today, as my current old habits of 1 finger braking, i now found
that it really impossible to stop 43horses, so i seek the new wavey rotor
for help

rotor is new ... so i don't expect immediate improvement, will update the findings over the weekend ...

meanwhile enjoy the bling-ki-ness :D:D:D

·
Registered
264 Posts
I've never had great experiences with wave or fancy cut rotors. I think they are a visual accessory, not a performance mod. Good luck.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wavy rotors has more abrasion surface, hope it helps, finger crossed.;)
worse come to worse ... eye candy ! :D

I've never had great experiences with wave or fancy cut rotors. I think they are a visual accessory, not a performance mod. Good luck.

·
Registered
520 Posts
from what I know its not going to help much with braking power

think about upgrading your brakes to something with more intial torque

they do look very cool though.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have passed the msg to my dealer looking for performance brakes pad.
Because to upgrade to bigger piston caliper they quoted me USD1k for front 1pair 100mm and rear 84mm USD550, both Brembo P34 model.

both need custom bracket that would easily drain another USD200

any recommendation for brake pads for our 80mm front and 75mm rear ?

·
Registered
817 Posts
EBC do good quality pads and so do Brembo. I wont be getting KTM's disc, at $340 they can kiss my ar$e :D
Im going the same way Phil went with the front master cylinder but am also looking at the rear master as well. Will probably stick with clutch cable and purchase the Brembo 16 to match the 19. Also going to get a 2010 Duke 990 rear caliper, after all my looking I reckon its identical. Oh and also going to replace my lines with HEL. So much to do yet so little money :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
EBC do good quality pads and so do Brembo. I wont be getting KTM's disc, at $340 they can kiss my ar$e :D
Im going the same way Phil went with the front master cylinder but am also looking at the rear master as well. Will probably stick with clutch cable and purchase the Brembo 16 to match the 19. Also going to get a 2010 Duke 990 rear caliper, after all my looking I reckon its identical. Oh and also going to replace my lines with HEL. So much to do yet so little money :rolleyes:
that will be killer!
better keep us posted on when all of that starts to come together.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok time for review ... after putting 100km on street and high way ... the good looking
petal disk rotors is worth every penny spend .. USD365 is kinda hard to swallow :( but
the Blings works and i'm now officially on 1 finger braking and 2 finger for hard braking
emergency ... whole 4 fingers mate ! it's emergency for Christ's sake hehehe....

using stock pads ... 1 finger nose down ...

going for a short road trip tomorrow ... hope it kicks more asses ... definitely
recommended if budget allowed ... ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Philcuore. Im drooling all over ur braking system. Please let us know about the difference in brake fade compared 2 stock. Must b substantial but just how much. How bout some bigbore brake-pipes ?IHO

·
Registered
200 Posts
Finally it arrived today, as my current old habits of 1 finger braking, i now found
that it really impossible to stop 43horses, so i seek the new wavey rotor
for help

rotor is new ... so i don't expect immediate improvement, will update the findings over the weekend ...

meanwhile enjoy the bling-ki-ness :D:D:D
Looks great Im glad you went with Galfer instead of the china one. I think I saw that replica somewhere on ebay.

Are you going to get stainless lines as well and put some different fluid?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Did you end up getting HEL lines?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
update ... i have both Galfer made Wavy Rotors on Brembo calipers ... when activated .. can feel ABS kickin in no time ... those wavy **** makes difference ... of cos ... bigger multipots also play another part ...

·
Registered
802 Posts
Crisp stuff. Will be glued to this one. Hope your coffers get topped up real soon ;).

Cheers!
VJ

1 - 17 of 17 Posts