KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering adding the KTM PowerParts Side Bag set (76012925000) and Mount (93012912044) to my Duke, and am curious if anyone here has experience with them. I did a forum search, but did't find much info on them.

Specifically, I'm curious about the ease of install on the mount.

More specifically, I'm really curious about whether the mount is easy enough to install and remove that I can just put it on when I need the bags and then take it off when I don't. If it's a 10-15 minute job, great. If it requires 30-45 minutes of disassembling the tail section each time, then I'll probably pass...

Thanks!

Camera accessory Gadget Audio equipment Automotive design Auto part
Bicycle part Font Bicycle handlebar Art Event

· Premium Member
2022 Duke 390
10 Posts
I have them but haven’t installed them yet. I’ll try to remember to chime back after the holidays when I may get them installed. They seem like it should be simple enough, with three bolts on each side. I’d imagine the middle part on the bottom, you may be able to just loose.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff (@Laserturbo91), I would greatly appreciate hearing about your experience after going through the install.

It would also be HUGELY helpful to see some pictures (especially from the rear) when you're done, as I have a further question/concern...

I've done the pogo-stick-ectomy on my Duke and am running the EvoTech Tail Tidy. I have a sneaky suspicion there may be clearance issues with the signal lights and the mounting brackets/cage, as the signal lights are MUCH closer to the tail section now. As well, I suspect the signal lights could end up being somewhat hidden/obscured by the bags.

Cheers!

· Premium Member
2022 Duke 390
10 Posts
I work out of town and got called back out during the holidays. Finally got around to getting them installed today! Install was super simple.

Remove the 2 bolts on each side, install the brackets in place with the new bolts. Then there is two small bolts/nuts on the underside. I haven’t taken them off but think those could just be loosened to take the cages off the bike. Install was straight forward with only a 4mm hex, 5mm hex, t30, 5mm normal “key” style tool, 3/8” ratchet and 6” extension being needed. Laying all bolts out first helped with the install.
Gas Font Metal Wood Rectangle

Hand Black Finger Automotive tire Thumb

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Sports equipment Bicycle frame

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bicycle part

Hood Bicycle handlebar Automotive design Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Bicycle tire

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design

· Premium Member
2022 Duke 390
10 Posts
I originally had the MNNTHBX tail tidy. I liked it but ran into a clearance issue with the bar that is behind the license plate. Without rambling too much, I enjoyed the offerings for other KTM’s from New Rage Cycles but didn’t see anything for the 390. Realized they weren’t far at all from where I work, so dropped the bike off for them to work their magic. They designed the new turn signal to work with the PowerParts bracket/cage. I’ll make a post soon on their front and rear turn signals soon.

Any questions or requested pictures, just let me know!

Here are some shots with the bags on the bike. It’s raining out so these are the best pictures I can do in Pops garage.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Bicycle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Wheel Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I work out of town and got called back out during the holidays. Finally got around to getting them installed today! Install was super simple.

Remove the 2 bolts on each side, install the brackets in place with the new bolts. Then there is two small bolts/nuts on the underside. I haven’t taken them off but think those could just be loosened to take the cages off the bike. Install was straight forward with only a 4mm hex, 5mm hex, t30, 5mm normal “key” style tool, 3/8” ratchet and 6” extension being needed. Laying all bolts out first helped with the
WOW, thanks a ton for the extremely detailed reply, and an excellent "how to" post!!!

I've got a set ordered, but they're not here yet. It'll be interesting to see if I have the same clearance issues with my EvoTech tail tidy. The bags look far enough out to the side that the lights should be clearly visible, but only if the mounting brackets don't interfere. Worst case scenario, I guess I'll have to put the OEM pogo stick back on - it probably won't stick out as noticeably with the saddlebags on...

Cheers!

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update - the saddlebags & mounting brackets arrived, and there was NO way they would fit with EvoTech tail tidy installed. The signal lights were exactly where the back of the mounting bars wanted to go. Otherwise, the install was quite simple (once the OEM tail was re-installed) and we're just about set for some longer rides/trips.

I'm contemplating doing an Iron Butt ride on the Duke this spring (SaddleSore 1600) & my daughter is getting her licence and wants to do some moto-camping with the old man! She'll ride the Duke, which means I'll have to 'suffer' on my BMW...

Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

1 - 7 of 7 Posts