KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just thought I'd share the pretty amazing news coming from KTM. he brand has announced that its Q1 2014 worldwide sales went up by an incredible 26.8%, with both revenues and earnings before tax on the rise, as well.

KTM sold 32,994 motorcycles worldwide in the first quarter of 2014. This is a big jump from the 28,719 bikes that KTM sold in the first quarter of 2013. For comparison's sake, note that BMW saw its sales grow 16.1% over the first quarter of 2013.

KTm received some help from its Indian partner Bajaj, which sold 2,748 units in India, mostly the 200 and 290 versions of the Duke model (that's us!)

KTM is started off Chinese production of the KTM 200 Duke and 390 Duke in China in March, which should help KTM continue to grow throughout this year.

Quarterly revenue increased by more than 20%, and EBIT (earnings before interest and tax) went up a staggering 254 percent.

Things look good for KTM's future too as the new 1290 Super Duke R and the 1190 Adventure and Adventure R will be reaching worldwide markets soon. The 390 Duke and more new small-displacement sport bikes are also coming.

Look out BMW, here KTM comes.

·
Registered
817 Posts
254% EBIT?????? My bosses would leave me alone for 2 years if I created that kind of return, the big man at the head of the table must be already enjoying the bonus he will get for this.

·
Registered
532 Posts
254% EBIT?????? My bosses would leave me alone for 2 years if I created that kind of return, the big man at the head of the table must be already enjoying the bonus he will get for this.
yea but you know how easy it is to game percentages with small numbers. I mean sure the numbers and the headline sound staggering, but if you consider thier lineup at this time last year it was basically BARE! Ok not bare, but definitely didnt have the same kind of mainstream appeal the smaller Dukes have brought along...

Not trying to be negative nancy, just saying ya know ;)

·
Registered
817 Posts
I agree mate, we'll see what happens when the nostalgia of the 1290 wears off. I think the 390 will continue to carry on for a little while and the RC will re-enforce the strategy. I guess a smart business move would be to have the Adventure version ready just as the RC vibe dies off.
Either way it would be a fun time to br in that boardroom at the moment. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
It true that if you are starting with a bigger lineup and revenue in the first place, it is harder to see this kind of growth, but that shouldn't take away from the amazing growth KTM has enjoyed over the past while. Its about as good as anyone at the company could ask for. Show me another motorcycle company that has seen that degree of growth over the same period worldwide.

·
Registered
178 Posts
It doesn't really seem like it is going to slow down either. KTM is planning to release more bikes in more countries. It has big plans and is going full steam ahead.

DO you think that KTM sales could ever catch up with the leaders in the industry? That would be Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts