KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a page on the KTM website where you can access the service records for your KTM motorcycle.
But, when I put in my VIN and Delivery Certificate number, I got an error.

This is the response from KTM support:

"Unfortunately, the SERVICE & SAFETY CHECK page is only for European VINs, and thus the reason you’re getting an error submitting your VIN. In the U.S. we do not have a system that catalogs non-warranty services performed at dealerships. Those records would have to be requested from the previous owner or dealers that have performed work on the unit."

Maybe if enough owners from the USA request it, they would add that functionality for us.

Reddirt

·
Super Moderator
1,090 Posts
Good find, Reddit, but why only from the USA?
Are we not an international forum, all supporters of the KTM brand and in particular the smaller Duke models?
And yes, a link can be helpful in determining if it is only your VIN # presenting this error or if others do as well.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Good find, Reddit, but why only from the USA?
Are we not an international forum, all supporters of the KTM brand and in particular the smaller Duke models?
And yes, a link can be helpful in determining if it is only your VIN # presenting this error or if others do as well.
Geez relax!!
I’m certain reddiRt didn’t mean to leave you out!!
Here is an idea, If you want to be included and have the same functionality in the future (possibly) then send KTM an email yourself!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Would also be nice if it wasn’t restricted to the first owner too. How many bikes are resold with delivery certificate?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Delivery Cert

I bought a used 2017 Duke 390.
The owner gave me the delivery certificate.
But, he didn't give me any service records.

PS - I think the website should only ask for the VIN

Reddirt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts