KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did you know that Lotus is making a motorcycle. It will be called the Lotus C-01 and it is to be powered by a v-twin mill which produces 170 hp in its stock form, but it has been specially tuned for Lotus to produce 200 hp. It has yet to be revealed which company manufactured the engine, but if you take a quick survey of the market for 170 hp-ish v-twin engine, you could guess that the engine comes from either KTM or Ducati.

Lotus makes crazy sports car designs which makes me very excited to see how their styling will translate to a motorcycle design.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I never expected Lotus of all car brands to be involves in motorcycles. ALways thought they stuck to cars and only did that and eventually died out. good to see they're still kicking around

·
Registered
520 Posts
Interesting

Wonder why Lotus is putting their foot in the 2 wheel market

They have their own stuff to worry about in the car market with the competition getting stiffer with the new Boxster and Alfa 4C

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lotus doesn't make bikes though right? If they are coming out with a concept bike then wouldn't it mean that they are thinking of making a bike in the future? Otherwise what is the point?

It is a pretty awesome looking bike. If they did produce it, I'm sure they would have customers.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Its a design concept that was drawn up by the designer from TRON, theres stories around about it. I forget who the main owner of Lotus is but they've basically pooled there resources and had a go at making one. I reckon if they released it then it would sell, if I had $80,000+ I'd line up for one :D

·
Registered
533 Posts
Its a design concept that was drawn up by the designer from TRON, theres stories around about it. I forget who the main owner of Lotus is but they've basically pooled there resources and had a go at making one. I reckon if they released it then it would sell, if I had $80,000+ I'd line up for one :D
AHAHAAA The images they've released are actually CG renders. I wonder if they actually have a prototype built or this is simply a design exercise..

·
Registered
520 Posts
it looks nice. has some nod to the lotus racing heritage with the radiator area.

looks like a concept though. don't think it will ever be sold

Would love to see it in action though. Does it use the 1290 engine?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts