KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or both. Yesterday I read a newspaper article on a newly-released medical study regarding a drug known as Celebrex. It seems the FDA had some concerns over the drug's safety after debacles like the one with Vioxx and ASKED PFIZER TO DO A STUDY OF THEIR OWN DRUG! And, surprise!!! Pfizer found it perfectly safe.

Whew. What a relief. Swallow 'em if you got 'em.:eek:

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Good to know we the consumers are protected! I'll keep that in mind if I'm ever tempted to take Celebrex....

Actually, this fox-guarding-the-henhouse syndrome is not uncommon. The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) asked VW to test and submit emissions data for VW cars to be marketed in the US. EPA accepted VW's test results until.......

·
Registered
93 Posts
Believe it or not, I've been scouring this site looking for evidence that we have a joke thread somewhere... then I come across this. Hoorah!
Needless to say, but I'm gonna say it anyway -- somebody oughta start a joke thread, so I'm giving this thread a bump!

·
Registered
131 Posts
No pub no sport no going out thanks to corona virus means we'll all have to stay in and even talk to our spouse , one guy says he's just found out his wife was laid off from Woolworths .

·
Registered
131 Posts
Comedian on a cruise ship I was on earlier this year told the joke " going through customs in Australia on the way to a series of gigs . Almost finished last Question from Immigration official - Any criminal record - to which he says he answered - Didn't know you still needed one " . Whoops just upset any Australians looking here .

·
Registered
93 Posts
Bouncing back a bit -- I was re-watching the second season of Fringe recently, and Charlie's wife was telling him a joke, about a guy who went to the doctor to ask if [giving up wine, women and song would really make him live longer]. Of course, the doctor replied "noooooo... but it will seem longer.'

·
Registered
489 Posts
We've got an international membership here, so some of you should appreciate this one.

A Scotsman, an Englishman, and an Irishman are all sitting at a pub enjoying a few pints.

As good as this pub is," said the Scotsman, "I still prefer the pubs back home. In Glasgow , there's a wee place called McTavish's. The landlord goes out of his way for the locals. When you buy four drinks, he'll buy the fifth drink."

"Well, Angus," said the Englishman, "At my local in London , the Red Lion, the barman will buy you your third drink after you buy the first two."

"Ahhh, dat's nothin'," said the Irishman, "back home in Cork at me favourite pub, the moment you set foot in the place, they'll buy you a drink, then another, all the drinks you like. Then, when you've had enough drinks, they'll take you upstairs and see dat you get laid, all on the house!"

The Englishman and Scotsman were suspicious of the claims. The Irishman swore every word was true, but they asked, "Did this actually happen to you?"

Not meself, personally, no," admitted the Irishman, "but it did happen to me sister quite a few times."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts