KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick scoot on my kinda roads. The technis awesome, but the video editor that makes the overlay suuucks. Fairly tame lean wise, but thats a good thing. Rosd gets fun at 1:30. Gotta loosen that chain...

·
Registered
334 Posts
If the audio is true, that's the smoothest throttle control I've heard. Also, do you position the bike and yourself in a "V" as they teach in ARC? I was confused over how the lean angle is shown.

What equipment are you using to record?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Audio is true, I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket, have the dynojet, and been working on throttle control. So all 3 help really.
I don't know about the v. I just put on s22s in 140, so my body position is drastically different than the m5s. Still getting use to it, bike leans in so easy now. I used to put my heel on the peg guard on inside turn pointing my knee out, and center my foot on the peg outside turn in pre turn setup, but that immediately dips the bike now with the new tires. So I want to try keeping knees against the tank and moving the cheeks on the seat in pre turn setup. I think this might fix involuntary bar input, but we shall see. Upper body is just sending my head more toward the mirrors, which us done late entry/early mid turn.
According to the data, at the big turn sequence around the 1:30 mark, my favorite section, I enter at 40mph, and hold 50mph when I lean the other way to ride out the long turn. I have a max of 25 degree lean. My goal is to work on body position until I cut that lean down to 20mph while maintaining the same speed. Dont have the balls to go faster there, too blind and narrow. So that's a great spot to study body position and how it affects the bike.
The software is race technologies. Free for 30 days, then $60 license. It uses the data recorded by sensors in the gopros that have gps. I have the 7 black. But the software renders the video as well, and it doesnt do a good job at it. I'm trying to find. away to render only the hud, and then overlay that on the video in a proper video editor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts