44 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
You don't need resistors for the bulbs I linked
Please go take a look at the thread. I didn't just replace the bulbs. It was a lot more project than that. I realize that the OP posted about just bulbs, but might as well offer information in case he decides to get rid of the whole ugly stock lamps.

·
Registered
44 Posts
No problem. As long as you do both the front and the back you will not have any hyper blink. Although the indicator on my dash doesn't blink - it just stays solid...but not a big deal..these are CRAZY bright.
The reason your dash indicator doesn't blink is because there is not enough resistance for the cluster to think that the bulb is fine. It stays solid when a bulb burns out. That said, you DO need a resistor to do the job correctly.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Please go take a look at the thread. I didn't just replace the bulbs. It was a lot more project than that. I realize that the OP posted about just bulbs, but might as well offer information in case he decides to get rid of the whole ugly stock lamps.
No thanks.

The reason your dash indicator doesn't blink is because there is not enough resistance for the cluster to think that the bulb is fine. It stays solid when a bulb burns out. That said, you DO need a resistor to do the job correctly.
I appreciate your rather aggressive input here bud. I know the dash indicator is solid because it thinks a bulb is out .... that is why I mentioned in my first reply.

I DON'T need a resistor because short of the bulbs hyper blinkin IDGAF. Do all the extra work you want. Im not going to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts