KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I came across this old post:

and it sounds like the cyclops light is impressive. However, I've not seen any more recent posts using this light, and when I emailed cyclops they said that their bulbs were not compatible. Wondering if this is no longer compatible with the 2020 model. If not, what are the options (if any) for a brighter front light?

Thanks,
reza

·
Super Moderator
1,811 Posts
I do not know the second-Gen headlights, actually, I thought they were LED from the factory BUT:
If the Cyclops would work, the Philipps would work as well.
Philipps is a different design without the huge cooling block at the end but with a unit that sits outside where the bulb goes, a little square connecting box.
A bit of a fiddle to get it all inside the space available but it all works fine on the first-Gen.

Will these work on a 2020 model?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The Gen 2 bikes don't have replaceable bulbs like the Gen 1s. The whole LED headlight unit is one component controlled by the CAN bus, and is replaced as a unit. I believe the dealer has to sync it with the ECU using the service laptop. The headlight unit on my 2019 failed a few days after I bought the bike and was replaced under warranty, so I saw some of the process. Changing the headlight out within anything other than the stock part is going to be pretty involved.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts