KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

LeoVince cat delete mid-pipe fitment

6K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Used2bfast 
#1 ·
Hello forum goers. Hoping one of you might be able to lend your experience.

I've got a 2019 Duke 390 that I'm trying to fit a LeoVince cat eliminating mid-pipe to. This one. The thing is, this thing doesn't seem to fit. I've removed the stock silencer and pre silencer, and got the top of the mid-pipe connected with the stock clamp. I see where the mid-pipe should be bolted on, but the positioning doesn't line up. It's like I'd need to reposition the header pipe lower to make it work. Has anyone run into this before?

You can see it clamped on at the top here:

And here's what that looks like down where the link pipe should attach. It's touching the swing-arm. No clearance to get the link pipe clamp on.

It's hard to get an image that shows the mismatch but the bolt there is making contact with the orange part, just a few mm forward and above where the hole is. When this didn't work, I took off the clamp, and bolted it here first and was then unable to get the top of the pipe to line up with the header pipe.

It would be nice if I'm just a dumbass and I'm missing something obvious; totally open to suggestions here.

See less See more
#2 ·
I am going to be of no help because my exhaust system is factory stock. Here goes:
I’m certain you have done this probably.
Loosen everything from the head connection to the muffler pipe. Lightly assemble everything in place to where it is just hanging and then see if all three exhaust pieces can be shifted a bit as you gradually start to tighten up the header bolts/clamps that make up the system. Always checking for proper alignment making sure that the gaskets/donuts are going to seal up properly to prevent leaking.

#5 ·
Thanks for the advice all.

Hedgepig, I didn't include the spacer in the picture so it wouldn't obscure the hole. When I fitted the pipe with that bolt first I used the spacer and it bolted on just fine. Doing that I had the issue of the top not lining up with the header pipe, even with a large amount of...physical persuasion let's say.

After a little more research on my end it seems like the mid-pipe isn't actually compatible with 2019 model years. I'd thought it was weird that revzilla said it wasn't compatible with my bike when the listing says 2017-2020 RC/DUKE 390s. Looking at the same listing on cyclegear it says 2017-2018 Duke 390s and 2017-2020 RC 390s. Kind of sucks, but oh well.

Now I'm trying to figure out if it's worth trying to make it fit or just go and find one that works with 2019's. I double checked all of the connections up to the engine and everything seems to be sitting where it should be. Even refitted the stock mid-pipe and everything fits together just fine. I could leave the bolt in the last picture out but I'm not sure what I'd need to do or make in order to get the position right. The link pipe end needs to be both lower than it is and stick further out. Lower to get the clamp/link pipe on, and further out because where it is now the silencer would be passing under the passenger seat if I could actually attach it.

Maybe some custom piece of piping to connect the header and top of the mid-pipe? Not sure I have the resources to come up with something like that though.

#8 ·
Mine is just a generic cat delete but have the same issue, never could get the middle bracket bolt to line up when the others did, so I've been running it w/o that bracket connected for almost a year, no issues, everything is tight. Had an Akra full system on a 625 SMC held by springs and one muffler hangar bracket.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Bicycle tire Wheel
25SMC, many .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.