KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any reason not to? Plenty of options available for later models, but fewer it seems for the early ones... dont want to fry anything for the sake of a few kg!
Ideally I'd like a reduction in weight and size - what are my options in the UK?
Thanks all.

·
Super Moderator
1,303 Posts
Hi T-Mack,

I run a Li-Ion in both my Dukes (2012/2015 firstGen) with absolutely no problems BUT I live & ride in the tropics.
I opted for the W-standard 12Ah as this is the same size as the required 9Ah and only a fraction more expensive.
The reason I opted for this batt is that it is small enough for me to fit my PowerTRONIC piggyback (as I also run the OEM alarm/immobiliser that pretty much fills up space under the pillion seat.
If you decide to buy a Li-Ion do read up on the starting procedures in cold(er) environments.
You could most likely order a 12Ah Li-Ion from W-standard's website to/in the UK.

In Thailand, they also push the MotoBatt product but I have no experience with these and these seem to come only in lesser Ah versions..

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for that - much appreciated.
I want to fit a fuel controller too, the extra space would be useful. I'll check out your recommendation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts