KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nice long ride yesterday (called in sick) of about 650-700km’s. We took the scenic route from Montreal to Quebec City, south side on the way up and north side on the way back. Quebec roads are terrible so you have to watch for holes!
After my last long ride of 600+km’s I had sore legs so i tried something different and I would rest my heels on the end of the peg bracket. I took the pressure off my legs since I wasn’t just on my toes the whole time. Today even on the short run to work I was doing it. I think I’ll drill a hole in the end of the bracket have a 4’’ bolt stick out so I don’t have to turn my heels in (awkward). Anyone added a second footrest for the heel?
It was pretty gray skies and I made sure to bring my tool kit and not the water gear! (Got lucky didn’t rain). Anyways about halfway there I close the gas up shifting but I close it too hard I guess and knock the whole throttle assembly forward and it won’t turn anymore! I was following the Harley so I glided to a stop (we were on backroads) And figured he’d turn around eventually. The clamp screws on the shut off / starter module had come loose And with my trusty ktm screwdriver back off to the races. This kind of made me think for a minute, what the **** else is loose? I’ll be checking the fork clamps tomorrow for sure and anything else brakes/suspension. I really like the little duke and don’t won’t to upgrade just for comfort, at least not before I can master the first gear wheelie!
Ride safe

·
Registered
673 Posts
l've done 240 miles (around 400km) non stop with no issues.
lt's a little better with the standard screen fitted and it's generally much more comfortable than my old Honda CB250RS where l had to keep
standing on the foot pegs to stretch my legs after about 50 miles.
l have no issues with the standard seat although l do a lot of mountain bike riding so maybe that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I added padding to the seat on my bike for more comfort
I also modified saddle:
cut out stiff foam in strategic locations and added medium softer foam.
I added a hump behind tank to get a pelvic tilt; actually quit a bit: about 2.5". I am not sliding forward onto my balls anymore.
I am pretty quick at getting cover on and off now. I have taken it on and off about 20 times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts