KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More specifically, looking for the % more fuel it provides over stock so I can adjust the map on my PowerTronics by said percentage. Would technically give me the same starting point of my current tune and save me a ton of time. I have already reached out to GAKTM, and am currently awaiting a response. Thanks in advance for any information or personal experience you are able to provide.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Looks like the new one is 300cc, OE is 186cc.

Reactions: shush319

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts

Had a relevant discussion.

You'll probably need to pull quite a bit of fuel out of your current map to compensate. It's a huge increase.

Reactions: shush319

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gray Area Injector installed. WOT is now AMAZING! Pulls hard from any rpm with WOT input, noticeable difference, and no longer feels like it is hitting a wall at 8-9k. Down low needs more time to get sorted, middle feels pretty much the same. I keep forgetting to turn on the data logging in the Torque Pro app before a ride, but did get some sample logs when I first installed the injector both before and after removing 5 points across the board on the map. Does want to keep stalling on me when it is COLD out, I imagine that is because it is too rich down low, so going from lots of throttle to none could be flooding itself. Going to play some more and see what I can get it to do. Fires right back up every time, bike actually starts easier now than it has since I installed the thin head gasket and shave the hump out of the head.

Not real sure what to use to read the data or how to interpret it, still learning about that. Excel 16 only opens a blank spreadsheet with 1 blank line on it, MS notebook has a bunch of info that looks like gibberish to me, so I am not sure I am doing something correct when exporting the logs from the app. Emailing them seem the only way to get the info from my phone to the PC. I will play until I feel it is good enough to go on the dyno, then hit up a friend that dyno tunes and flashed Grom and CRF ECU's and see if he can get her really dialed in for me. Curious how accurate my butt dyno and the Torque app is vs a real dyno.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Gray Area Injector installed. WOT is now AMAZING! Pulls hard from any rpm with WOT input, noticeable difference, and no longer feels like it is hitting a wall at 8-9k. Down low needs more time to get sorted, middle feels pretty much the same. I keep forgetting to turn on the data logging in the Torque Pro app before a ride, but did get some sample logs when I first installed the injector both before and after removing 5 points across the board on the map. Does want to keep stalling on me when it is COLD out, I imagine that is because it is too rich down low, so going from lots of throttle to none could be flooding itself. Going to play some more and see what I can get it to do. Fires right back up every time, bike actually starts easier now than it has since I installed the thin head gasket and shave the hump out of the head.

Not real sure what to use to read the data or how to interpret it, still learning about that. Excel 16 only opens a blank spreadsheet with 1 blank line on it, MS notebook has a bunch of info that looks like gibberish to me, so I am not sure I am doing something correct when exporting the logs from the app. Emailing them seem the only way to get the info from my phone to the PC. I will play until I feel it is good enough to go on the dyno, then hit up a friend that dyno tunes and flashed Grom and CRF ECU's and see if he can get her really dialed in for me. Curious how accurate my butt dyno and the Torque app is vs a real dyno.
Are you using the graphing plug in for torque pro?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts