KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm riding KTM Duke 390 (EU) version, which doesn't include rear tire hugger. Curretly I've made a lot of search, but unfortunately I could find any online indian parts website that will offer this item. Searching in Ebay, Amazon wouldn't help either. Please, let me know if someone knows where I could buy it online, where international shipping is also supported. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
@loon as I promised, this is my opinion about this tire hugger:

First of all, the quality of product is good and overall look is nice. Difference between splashes that I got has been reduced up to 95% less. If my back and helmet were completely mucked when I was riding through puddle or rainy day, after installing and riding about 50-60 km/h I could see only one drop of water on my pillion seat. So, it's the nice choice to get this item, if you're planning to go tail tidy kit on Duke 390. The only thing needs to be changed or cut off a little bit: chain guard, which is a bit too long from the back side (that's just for a nicer look). That's all, providing some photos. :)

P.S. Don't forget to correctly adjust it. The photos has been taken during the adjustment process and we were testing it with water on a stand. Then made some corrections to the metal for moving it closer to the tire as much as possible and close the gap, which is not shown on a photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
thanks cnekmp

looks good and sounds like it does the job. looks like i'll have to invest in one too.

@loon as I promised, this is my opinion about this tire hugger:

First of all, the quality of product is good and overall look is nice. Difference between splashes that I got has been reduced up to 95% less. If my back and helmet were completely mucked when I was riding through puddle or rainy day, after installing and riding about 50-60 km/h I could see only one drop of water on my pillion seat. So, it's the nice choice to get this item, if you're planning to go tail tidy kit on Duke 390. The only thing needs to be changed or cut off a little bit: chain guard, which is a bit too long from the back side (that's just for a nicer look). That's all, providing some photos. :)

P.S. Don't forget to correctly adjust it. The photos has been taken during the adjustment process and we were testing it with water on a stand. Then made some corrections to the metal for moving it closer to the tire as much as possible and close the gap, which is not shown on a photos.

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
thanks cnekmp

looks good and sounds like it does the job. looks like i'll have to invest in one too.
Got in touch with the site owner, only costs about $63 AUD, but shipping is friggin $70 AUD and that's with Poslaju (Malay equivalent of AusPost)! This for a 1.5kg package, for which I couldn't get the dimensions off of her so far. If only the postage was about half that I'd be on it already.

Reactions: loon

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got in touch with the site owner, only costs about $63 AUD, but shipping is friggin $70 AUD and that's with Poslaju (Malay equivalent of AusPost)! This for a 1.5kg package, for which I couldn't get the dimensions off of her so far. If only the postage was about half that I'd be on it already.
I've paid 385 myr in overall (including shipment fee) which is equal to 92 euros or 133 aud. Yep, the price is the same as in your case.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm still not able to find a part number or anything for the factory KTM a rear tire hugger. The closest thing is a Turkish off brand salling in eBay.. Does anybody have access or want to sell their rear tire hugger? H

·
Registered
170 Posts
Pyramid Plastics UK has a hugger in orange,black or carbon fiber look. Not sure what they cost (shipping,exchange rate).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought one from here. I am happy with it. If you can reach to sender directly it is possible to get a discount. I don't know about the postage but i am really happy with the product. Here are some images: link

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks nice man!! Is it pretty sturdy, considering its only mounted on one side? I may have to get one from them too and talk to the guy about a discount. Thx

I installed a K&N air filter yesterday and it downshifts much much smoother..

I would put pictures but they are too big of a file size.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts