KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!
I was having trouble with the seat being too hard so figured I would share my fix. Haven’t been on a good ride to test yet but around town feels much better.

I had an old 3 inch memory foam mattress topper kicking around so I unstapled the seat cover and went to work shaving and fitting a few different shapes until I got one about .5 inch thick that fit well and left (most of) the stock seat shape. I left the foam already on the seat untouched so If this doesn’t work I may try my hand at removing the foam and trying again with a full piece of 3 inch foam rather than shaving. From there an after market seat perhaps?
Anyone else with experience in this feel free to drop a comment and let me know what worked and what didn’t!
The photo attached with the shape isn’t the finished product, it is the shape I used but that’s the last shaving, I forgot to get photos of it all apart….
2E7F6F6F-3303-44C0-957C-AAE3DD834383.jpeg
A27F7346-5EEC-4645-97B6-D7BFB0B4968A.jpeg
D6D6E438-0773-40A5-9E78-8873D0888CA6.jpeg

·
Registered
35 Posts
Seems nice, just rode 830 km on 1 day on my Duke I bought a air cushion for 40 bucks, that worked very well, my butt still hurt but it was not demolished ;), I hope your fix works, I am planning doing something similar to mine, cheers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seems nice, just rode 830 km on 1 day on my Duke I bought a air cushion for 40 bucks, that worked very well, my butt still hurt but it was not demolished ;), I hope your fix works, I am planning doing something similar to mine, cheers!
Based on what you are saying I’m seeing the same results as your air cushion! 100km down today a lot more comfortable than stock but room for improvement. I’ll continue tweaking as summer progresses.
I’ve used this fix on dirt bikes used for long trail rides and it’s always worked great, especially after shaving a seat down to be able to get a toe on the ground!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts